Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

To Reflex XTR or Real Flight G3 ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

To Reflex XTR or Real Flight G3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Digital235

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Reflex XTR or Real Flight G3 ?

Hi I haven't yet bought either but i'm wondering which sim to buy? I plan on buying a Litemachines Corona after practicing a lot on a sim. I bought real flight deluxe a while ago and had lots of fun with it but now i have a computer with no game port which is what deluxe used. Anyways...which sim is better? I'm leaning towards Real Flight G3 but i'm not sure how much has really changed in realism terms. Reflex looks amazing but does it come with a usb controller like Real Flight does?? Or do i have to buy the controller and link it together? Thanks for any input. Can't wait to get one.
- Digital235
Old 02-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Charlie

Default RE: To Reflex XTR or Real Flight G3 ?

Reflex looks amazing but does it come with a usb controller like Real Flight does?? Or do i have to buy the controller and link it together?
You need your own radio with Reflex, but your going to need one anyway (for your real heli) and it does use a USB interface cord.
From what I have read, Reflex is a lot better the G3. I have never tried G3, but I do have Reflex and it is a great sim in my opinion, but it takes a pretty good computer and video card to run it.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Sao

Another XTR fan here, not used g3 but xttr is better than g2

I went for Reflex over Realflight for two reasons, 1 it feels more natural, mor elike my heli and 2 upgrades for Reflex are FREE as are add on models etc
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 PM
ChopperMike

I own G3 and have used Reflex. In my opinion it's a draw. Hardware wise it sounds like G3 is actually the more power hungry. I've been flying G3 for about a month now and the physics of both the heli's and planks seem very good. Reflex is hands down better than G2 with I thought had so so physics for heli's.

Mike
Old 02-10-2005, 09:02 AM
gamegeek
My Feedback: (11)

From the posts that I've read, most people agree that although different, G3 and XTR seem pretty close.

I picked G3 for a few reasons. Although Reflex releases free upgrades, I hear their support is lacking if you have a problem. G3 has great support. I also like that G3 comes with a transmitter. That means I can leave my 9C alone and keep it charged for real flying. I also can have it to hook up to fly with a friend (small benefit).

G3 is also a real 3d world. Reflex is more a 2d world with a 3d heli.

Hope that helps.