Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Honeybee Jumps in altitude

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honeybee Jumps in altitude

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 02:18 PM
rbiasi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honeybee Jumps in altitude

Hey guys, when I have my honeybee 2 CP in a hover it will sit nicely for a minute, but then suddenly jump in altitude anywhere from 4 to 10 feet. This is without touching the throttle stick. Then it seems to stay at that height. Has anyone else seen this? My guess is that the swash plate is sticking and then finally dropping to the correct spot, but that's pure speculation. If any Honeybee owners know what's up or a cure I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:39 PM
rbiasi

Default RE: Honeybee Jumps in altitude

I think I found the problem. I had a bent main shaft. I noticed some head wobble at low speeds, but it went away when I throttled up. I had a new shaft/main gear and put that on yesterday. Now the wobble is gone. I'll see if it fixes the "jump" later today.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
jolllyroger

Default RE: Honeybee Jumps in altitude

most likely cause is sticking ball links. Make sure all ball links are not tight .....they should move from their own weight but not loose enough to fall off. To loosen them squeeze em gently with pliers across and around until fit is right. What is happening is they stick then let go and cause pitch change. Only ones you should worry about are the ones to the blades from the fly bar 4 of em total. if it has trouble with stability jumping around then the all the links attached to the swash need attention. Hope this helps. did my first loop with mine today and going to try invert tomorrow.