Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help Me Radio Questions?

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help Me Radio Questions?

Old 09-15-2002, 03:06 AM
JokaRed3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Radio Questions?

Looking at all the input on this sight , i though i would ask this question , knowing its going to be a while before i get back into this sport.with this in mind,i ran futaba, and was and still thinking about getting into heli,in about a few months if things perk(from my recient divorce) up im going to get another radio , with this in mind im going to get probly into heli. now taking to my hobby shop,and with me being the person i am, i love to know the pros and cons of the whole out fit.So i was thinking of getting the futaba 9 channel heli, the 6 channel is not even a option for me, i got to have my digital trims. but my local hobby store told me, after a while after being in the heli hobby for a while, i will see others fly more expensive heli radios, so they can do more stuff with the radio programs , and have other options.Now is this true, since looking at the web and seeing the 10X JR. Wow 10 channels. do i need that many., and whats the differance between futaba and JR. In heli.?I know in planes theres not that much differance just preferance between the two.
I know this, when i do buy, i just want the one radio for a long time , its more of and investmet for me then a , just get me up in the air deal.Due to this it is going to be my primary radio for a long time.and i need it to last and do what i want it to do.
Thanks for all your help and answers
Old 09-15-2002, 03:16 AM
N71505

I'm running a Futaba 8U. The only reason I didn't get a 9C was I got a super good deal on this one. I am thinking this will still be a good radio for me for quite awhile. Been using an RD6000 for planes. Can't comment on the JR stuff, as most everyone here uses Futaba.
Old 09-17-2002, 01:43 AM
JokaRed3
My Feedback: (2)

havent seen really any replys. this is just a dumb questions. or not , when it comes to radios , just more like a preferance then what is good .Or works better,or when it comes to buy a radio i just go out and buy one?
Old 09-17-2002, 02:59 AM
Furyflyer2
My Feedback: (117)

Originally posted by JokaRed3
havent seen really any replys. this is just a dumb questions. or not , when it comes to radios , just more like a preferance then what is good .Or works better,or when it comes to buy a radio i just go out and buy one?

It really is preference, I use to fly JR now I fly Futaba. I can tell you this JR is the easiest radio to setup ,Futaba has more bang for the buck. The 9C is a easy radio to setup though.