Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Everything you should NOT do - Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Everything you should NOT do - Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:38 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything you should NOT do - Video

I have some pictures

No video though.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:32 PM
manu2005

lucky no one got hurt
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 AM
K-OS

For all those who made this guy look or feel like an idiot;

When you are new, this is sometimes the best way to learn. I don't think there is one person on this place that can say their crash was "intelligent". We all make mistakes. So instea dof bashing him, let's help him.

First off, don't fly on such uneven ground. If you absolutely want to try and hover on that slopy surface, the least you can do is get high enough to avoid the ground effect (a helicopter on a sloping surface will tend to run down the sloping surafce, so compensate before liftoff).

I'm also a n00b, and I know how excited I can get when I am flying and anxious to try new things. The last time that happened I smacked a piece of furniture in my house. BE PATIENT.

I still say, even better than spending money on a simulator, find a trainer. He/she can setup that heli to hover with (almost) one hand. And one hour flying YOUR helicopter with a trainer will be worth 10 hours on a simulator.

By the way, your wife is awesome. I love her sense of humour. Either she has no idea how much it is goign to cost to repair it, or she really wants to cheer you up

Don't give up, before you know it you will be flying that rappy through the forest behind you :P

Good luck
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
tippy

I agree, that brought back memories. I remember walking all over the place picking up the pieces. They were flung (at high speed) in all directions. My first crash was also with training gear on. My 2nd was an engine out before I knew how to auto. My third was also an engine out but had just enough auto practice to switch modes. Still fumbled the landing but as crashes go, they are getting less and less expensive.

I hope the pilot in the video gets further away from people and things next time.

d.tipton
Old 12-31-2005, 02:53 PM
blade_runner

kind of off topic, but DebianDog, how did youre avater? ( that was a BIG uh-oh! how much was repair? )