Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Need a few opinions please..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need a few opinions please..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:16 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a few opinions please..

Hi,
I have been in rc for 22 years, Full race car/trucks and I am (on a real good day) a decent plane pilot just getting into pattern flying. Anyway I am planning to purchase a e-powered heli and want to get the best the first time. I have been getting started on the sim and know better than to crash my heli until I have mastered the sim. I have pretty much narrowed it down to:
TREX450X Pro3D custom
Corona120 bare bones package
or a viperheli (I noticed that replacement parts are spendy for this model)
Can anyone please tell me the better choice of the three? or suggest a better heli altogether in that class.
I thank you kindly in advance..
Jay
Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
censoredsite

Default RE: Need a few opinions please..

i would sa.y "get the rex"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91378.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	260946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19576.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	260947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67734.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	260948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45637.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	260949  
Old 04-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Donnie7

I think the best way to go is with the Hirobo XRB, then the corona120. I have them both. Its a great learning stepper setup.
Donnie
Old 04-22-2005, 07:26 AM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Thank you kindly,
I am still looking at the corona and the Trex. I can't decide which to get. I need a tie breaking opinion here
Take care,
Jay
Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

You are starting just the way I did and after 100 logged sim hours I purchased the Trex built it and the first time I tried flying it I hovered for a full battery pack I decided to skip the fixed pitch all together and the XRB was not an option because I wanted a real Heli not a toy.I have since purchased a JR Voyager E and have not looked back,the sim is a great idea and a great teacher,as for what I did I cannot say that you will do the same but there is a good chance if you stick with your current plan.Good Luck and I hope you do well.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:49 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to give my input, my experience with the T-Rex has been great. I did a FP Piccolo to begin with, and recently started working with the G3 sim. Moving to the T-Rex gave me a great boost in confidence. I moved from being a hover-baby, to FFF, and I am trying to work up the courage to try flipping to inverted.
So, Prior RC experience + strong sim use + TRex450X = SUCCESS!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:51 PM
rc_lurker

Hmmm... I suggest the Hirobo XRB SR and the Lite Machines Corona 120. Fly the Hirobo in your living room practicing tail in, sides in, nose in and circuits and then you'll be able to more easily master the Corona for your outdoor flying and minimize your crash costs.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Donnie7

I don't own a T-rex so I can't give feedback on it. I have read in this forum that it is hard to get it set up . CCPM is preaty tough to get it right. I just can't see spending so much time tweaking when you could be flying. There is enough to worry about even with fixed pitch heli's when you're getting started. You can't realy go wrong with either the t-rex or the corona. Starting out,,,, you will have a lot more fun and less scratching your head with a corona.
Donnie
Old 04-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Flying Rock

Everything I've read about the Corona indicates that it is one tough bird and an excellent heli for new pilots like me. I currently have an XRB knockoff and I have a Honeybee FP on the way. Then, I have the Shogun 400, T-Rex or Corona as the next heli.