Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HB2 tail motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:51 AM
floatyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB2 tail motor

Hi guys, A bit of advice would be helpful.It seems that the tail on my heli cannot counter torque the main rotor blades. I mess around with the gain and the proportional yet no luck. Is it possible that the little tail motor has hit its use by date. I have owned the heli for three months now and have been thru a main motor as well. I was so pleased two weeks ago that finally i was now able to hover. Yet after a small crash and a new set of blades the heli seems to behave differently. I feel like i'm back at square one again. The fly bar is straight and even. All other parts seem to be fine as well.
I have never flowen anything before and am loosing a bit of confidence. I think i should of bought the xrb lama right from the beginning but never knew it even existed.

I will persist with this heli, although I have owned it for about three months alot of this has been waiting around for parts from overseas. I have been through maybe 40 battery charges i think.Are my expectations unreasonble, should i be able to hover this throughout a whole pack now? Radds lessons suggest i should be by now i think!

any help appreciated as I still think this little heli is cool!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:39 AM
Charlie

Default RE: HB2 tail motor

More then likely it's your tail motor. The stock motors that come with those little birds normally don't last very long. For the price of them, I would try a new one (they don't cost very much).
Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 PM
jlb0305

Default RE: HB2 tail motor

honey bee CP thread has motor options and link