Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Rules for flying

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 12:15 PM
clubb699

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rules for flying

Hi all im very new to helicopters i brought 1 of ebay a raptor v1 seems fine was just wondering , what a the rules to flying a choppper in the back garden what liecences do you need insurance etc etc . my gardens not that big just wanted to do some hovering thats all just up and down were do i stand is it a know go or? Thanks in advance. o yes im in the uk .
Old 05-17-2005, 07:58 PM
hydravien

Default RE: Rules for flying

i wouldnt think there would be any rules. just make sure u dont happen to wander into a neighbours yard and whack their cat

ur neighbbours might not like the noise of a nitro.....

im not sure bc i am in the country and i can do pretty much anything and not get caught
Old 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
clubb699

lol wack the cat you mean wack the cats they got 5 next door hehe thanks anyway hydravien.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:03 AM
floatyboy

The rules are as follows........Do not crash in to any people. This is the only rule i live by. Anything else is game, happy hunting soilder!!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:32 PM
`3D
My Feedback: (1)

make sure nobody else has the same idea in your area...and is on YOUR channel.

KEEP THE SPECTATORS AWAY!!@!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:20 AM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: clubb699

Hi all im very new to helicopters i brought 1 of ebay a raptor v1 seems fine was just wondering , what a the rules to flying a choppper in the back garden what liecences do you need insurance etc etc . my gardens not that big just wanted to do some hovering thats all just up and down were do i stand is it a know go or? Thanks in advance. o yes im in the uk .
Yes by law you must pay a fee for backyard flying, please PM me for the payment address. You'll also need "liecences" for this type of flying and insurance. I sell the whole package with a special members card and a one year free subscription to my totally awesome magazine for $299.99. You'll also need a special garden permit available now for $99.99. Or message me now and get both at our special package rate of only $499.99. You'll be flying in the garden in no time at all!
Old 05-28-2005, 05:08 PM
FLYING MOUNTIE

To be serious for a second ; you may want to contact someone in a local area club - even if you have to drive a ways - Helicopters require proper set up and you say you yard is not that big so how big is it? If it is less than 25' diameter I would not recommend flying there. Your best bet is to join a flying club, if not alreardy flying fixed wing?, that's my 2 cents worth - good luck!
Old 05-29-2005, 04:59 PM
clubb699

Ok all thanks for the replys sarcastic and not sarcastic i will not fly it in the garden it is small and very a good point about if some1 as got the same idea as me and is on the same frequency range its a 5 mile drive to nearsest club so im getting in the car and up up and away for me [8D]