Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

unexplained crash, help???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

unexplained crash, help???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Varman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unexplained crash, help???

Gentlemen,

This past weekend my Nexus 30 controlled by a Hitec 7 eclipse went down. It was in the air and doing fine one second and the next, I had no control what so ever. All batteries were and still are fresh, engine in fine working order and still running when it dug a hole in the ground. I think that something blew the crystal since it won't work in another receiver now either. Anyone know what caused this. Thanks.

Varman

Also the crash is going to cost around 140 in parts, planning on buying a new Nexus kit but would I be better off buying a century hawk or Kyosho Caliber? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:37 PM
Culverson
My Feedback: (14)

There are so many varibles as what happened, I would send the radio off if you think it has issues with the receiver to have it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry later.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:50 AM
extremeflying
My Feedback: (7)

Default nexus

i also have a nexus my seems fine it worked ok when i fly it today. go check my newbie site i will have more clips by Sunday for sure !! http://modelheli.tripod.com/myrc here is a pic when its not painted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
38113_19931.jpg (74.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-29-2002, 06:45 AM
RS2K
My Feedback: (8)

LOL, it seems too many people are interested in your helicopter, extremeflying. You have exceeded your hourly bandwidth limit.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:26 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

If you have to spend $140 for a nexus, I'd dump what's left and get a Hawk Sport. Two upgrades are needed for the Hawk. First is the head button. I can't stand not being able to slow the head without killing the engine. Second is the bearing upgrade which will tighten up the controls. This can be done when the head controls start getting spongy. Other nice to have upgrades are the tube drive for the tail and a boom mounted tail rotor servo. I like the servo mount for the Caliber 30 as it's light and much cheaper than the Century part. It's part # CA3052, about $8.50.
basmntdweller
Old 11-29-2002, 05:46 PM
Bill F

I would not fix the nexus, I would buy a caliber 30 and put your electronics in to it (after you send them in to be checked out). I have a caliber 30 and a nexus, the nexus does not fly anywhere near as well as the caliber.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:02 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

I should have asked as to your current flying abilities. If you are past the hovering stage and well into advanced flying I would get the caliber 30 over the Hawk Sport. It is a much smoother and responsive heli out of the box than the Hawk. I fly both regularly. The caliber is much more expensive in hard crashes than the Hawk. I have had two crashes over $200 on my caliber. The Hawk can do anything the caliber can, just not as smooth.
basmntdweller
Old 11-30-2002, 12:40 AM
extremeflying
My Feedback: (7)

excuse me with the language here MY ****ING NEXUS CRASHED TODAY !!! the DAMN WIND HIT MY POOR NEXUS FROM BEHIND AND SMASHED IT TO THE GROUND !!! I 'll get a raptor now
ALL THE PARTS ON THE BOOM R GONE !! PIECES ALL OVER THE FIELD !! GOD DAMN WIND ! go to my site and you can see my crash vdo be sure to check the 3rd flight b4 you watch the vdo
and put on comments on this board