RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade CX adjustment

Old 01-06-2006, 09:07 PM
gforeman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Blade CX adjustment

If I have to have the aileron trim full left to have it trimmed right, what do I adjust? I know how to adjust the 4-in-1 for the rudder mix, but not sure what to adjust for this problem. If I try tlo lift off with the trims centered, she'll topple over on the left.

I just noticed this after removing the training gear. I am able to fly with full left trim...and quite well. Makes a big difference without the weight of the training gear.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:47 PM
jbsss

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Blade CX adjustment

It has been speculated that the drift left is from the overheating of the 4 in 1 box. I don't have the link readily available but there are some mods people have done to lessen the problem. There will be some drift after some discharging of the battery in use. Try flying her without the front canopy on and see if that helps. I am not sure if this is the same problem you are having but it sounds like it is.

Do a search on the BCX and you should be able to find the post about this. Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:54 PM
gforeman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No, flies like this with gold motor, fresh battery.

I think I've got it. Removed the control arm on the right connected to the swashplate, and gave it 1.5 turns out to lengthen the arm. Works great now. I think this should have been in the manual somewhere.

Working on landing on a 8" x 10" parts box I have. it's harder than you think when you try it while in ground effect.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:04 AM
Raylon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mine had same problem, I just adjusted trim though, because thats what its for. jbsss, were talking roll not yaw.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:43 AM
gforeman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Zelatio

Mine had same problem, I just adjusted trim though, because thats what its for. jbsss, were talking roll not yaw.

I had the trim pegged, so I need a physical adjustment to get it back close to center. Now I have some adjustment left both ways.

Search this Thread