Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Batt. problem with Blade CP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Batt. problem with Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
stunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batt. problem with Blade CP

Just wondering if someone can help. I bought my first heli today, a Blade CP came home went through instructions step by step for the setup. Everything is good. Turn transmitter on, turn throttle and throttle trim down, plug batt in, servo's initialize green light comes on on the 4-1, start it up. Batt. had about 1/2 a charge so I scooted it around a hard wooden floor for about 3 min till it had no power. Everythings still good sofar... Charge batt. for about 2 hrs (book says 2-2/12 hrs). Plug batt. in servo's initialize, green light comes on then turns to red and flickers like it has a dead batt? I tried charging it for another 1/2 hour or so and still nothing not 1 turn of the blades. I did not crash this chopper on my first flight it did not even leave the ground. Do I have a bad batt. bad charger anyone eles have a problem like this???
Old 04-09-2006, 12:23 AM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Batt. problem with Blade CP

The stock charger sucks, get yourself a decent peak charger, or better yet a li-po battery and li-po charger.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:47 AM
stunt

Ya I know lil short on cash now want to switch to li-po soon. I unplugged my servos 1 by 1 from the 4-1 and my problem was fixed, with the front servo unplugged. I then noticed the servo was stuck. What kind of warrenty do these have? Any? I hope.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:51 AM
jettstarblue

What kind of battery did yours come with?

I have the CX and mine came with a Li-Po.

If yours came with a Li-Po and you ran it all the way down until there was no motor power, you probably ruined the battery.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:04 AM
-Inverted-

It comes stock with a 650mah ni-mh pack.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:37 PM
stunt

I appreciate all who veiwed this post to help. Today I went to the store where I bought it. He told me I could mail the bad servo to e-flight and they would replace it. Nice guy he gave me a brand new 1 to a hummingbird for free. It worked great I was out flying today and ill be back out later. It just seemed like a dead batt to me but I dont know that much about rc stuff, i'm just a ford mechanic, but in the end I diaged the bad part and replaced it. Thanks again for all the suggestions. P.S I love this thing!!!!!! Yet another hobby for the girlfriend to yell at me about. O well.