Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What's the best RTF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Makuku68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best RTF?

What is the best RTF Heli one can buy that flies right out of the box? I'm talking a fixed blade or cp, not those bouble bladed toys, like the Hirobo XRB.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
rmbler

Default RE: What's the best RTF?

What's your bubget. You can spend $220.00 on a Blade CP or up to and over $1000.00 on a T- Rex RTF. Hope this helps,
Regards,
Phil.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:07 PM
neweheliflyer

The Blade CP or the HB Esky CP2 are good to rc helicopter - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=10]video[/link]
Old 06-03-2006, 04:10 PM
redplease

Get the Century Humming Bird V4 (about $190). This is not CP,but it's a great heli for beginner. It uses plastic blade which costs $8 a pair and they can be more durable than the wooden ones. The set comes with training wheels, SIM cable and software (you can download it free anyway). I have both the HBCP2 and HBV4. I crashed the HBCP2 after a few flies. I can learn much easier with HBV4. The HBV4 looks better, built with better material, the TX looks and feels better than the one from HBCP2. I am a beginner just starting this hobby in less than a month. The HBV4 is my second heli already. I wish I bought this HBV4 instead of the HBCP2 in the first place. Not because the HBCP2 is a bad heli. But I think it's too advance (hence, harder to learn) for a newbie like me. The Century's headquarter is right where I live (San Jose, CA). I came there and saw there were actual technical support people in the cubes answering questions from customers. So, if you ever need support. They are here in the US. The down side of the HBV4 is its battery, not a lipo one where the HBCP2 comes with 2 packs of 1000mAh lipo (I ordered it from ebay). I wish that they use lipo instead of the included cheapo one. But, the most important thing here is that I can learn to hoover with the HBV4, and crashed badly with the HBCP2. If you are new and want to see progress/results within a week, get the HMV4.

Good luck
Old 06-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Makuku68

I have the Trex450SE. I'm looking also to be able to fly it indoors in smaller areas like a garage. I'm looking at the sub-micros right now. My TREX is too big to fly indoors.