Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade CP Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Brad Boyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Pro

I am planning on getting into helicopters and have decided to get a Blade CP. Now the hobby shop I deal with is offering the Blade CP Pro for about $25.00 more! I like the idea of having Lipo's included with it and for the price difference, well. Am I foolish to purchase the CP Pro or should I stick to the Blade CP?

I will be training myself unless I find someone who knows how to fly a helicopter at my club. I don't expect to be doing much with it until a month or two.

Thanks

Brad
Old 05-11-2006, 12:58 PM
kuplo

Default RE: Blade CP Pro

Might as well get the CP Pro if it's available in your area, since it will just be more expensive to buy the regular CP and have to upgrade it to the Pro version. The main difference is that the "Pro" model comes already upgraded with the necessary parts to make it do some manuevers that the regular CP wont be able to do until upgraded.

I would suggest either finding someone that knows how to fly a heli or to get a simulator of some sort to help you learn. If you've flown a plane competently then the learning curve is much smaller in my opinion.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:18 PM
ECP666

The PRO is the way to go. After two months of tuning and learning and trying this and that, I ended up with a PRO! Only difference is you can save a bunch of money. I had a much better result after going to symmetrical blades and a LiPo battery. Using Idle Up mode helped me too. The head speed seems higher and CP flies better I think. Remember to drop idle up real quick if you get into the ground ugly!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:39 PM
neweheliflyer

You can also consider the [link=http://www.4-rc-helicopter.com/index.php?action=show&cat=7]Esky CP2 which also come with the lipo battery (1000mah)[/link]
Old 06-03-2006, 01:27 PM
alex k

I would definitely go with the pro! it will save u tons of money. I am planning on getting one of these and putting aluminum landing gear on it and a direct-drive tail rotor system and converting it to brushless. (do u know a web-site i could find one of these because they all say that they wont get more in until July)