Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 PM
YFZALLBLACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Mini Electric is here the Falcon 3D!!

Hey twosted I jumped on the same deal as you...Just ordered mine from the same auction on Tuesday. We got a great deal if we have no problems. I am in Ventura CA and cant wait to get my hands on this little bird. I orderd the aluminum tail rotor gear setup and the flybar upgrade. Do you have a heli now? I am flying an old Century Humming bird and am really looking forward to the new toy. It has carbon blades on it and I have broken alot of things around the house with the blades. Carbsumer has a good point about the carbon blades but I'm going to roll the dice with the carbon units. Well good luck and I'll look for your posts on RCU.

Michael

ORIGINAL: twosted

I just purchased one on Ebay. $225 plus $50 shipping. Here is the listing, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/Falcon-3D-6-Channel-Aerobatic-R-C-Helicopter-NEW_W0QQitemZ230126966782QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2563QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Simages

critterz,

I know there are other deals out there, but I would simply order the Falcon from Hobby Lobby an "authorized dealer" where support is Excellent and trust me your going to need it! They're now offering the Falcon package for $279 plus shipping however; I believe they ship USPS 2-3 day Priority which is not too much. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/falcon.htm

Hope this helps

ORIGINAL: critterz

Thanks xplorur for your comments!

dcg9381, I have been bitten by the heli bug and I just can't stop!! But seriously, I thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated.

I am ambitious and I love the challenge(BIG challenge). My thoughts in regards to this product was, I can't get anything in this price range for all the "ups" that the Falcon offers. I don't want to buy another plane and then later(some time later) buy a falcon or similar. From what I've been reading, this is a pretty well build "R2R" or fly out of the box and the price is pretty good for what you get.

I don't plan to do much with it now other than try to get an understanding of the heli and the remote. Maybe try to hover as my first steps.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:02 PM
DarkSide41

ORIGINAL: ct420

I just purchased one on Ebay. $225 plus $50 shipping. Here is the listing, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/Falcon-3D-6-Channel-Aerobatic-R-C-Helicopter-NEW_W0QQitemZ230126966782QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2563QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]

Wow! 225 + 50 shipping =275 with a 3 day and then you're screwed warranty??? I wish you luck [&o]

I kinda like my [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160105714839&rd=1&rd=1]EBAY Heli[/link] for $239 delivered and never expected a warranty . At the time HL was $299 + shipping and I never could get them on the phone to ask a question so I took the chance . It flew nice right off the bat after minor blade tracking setup plus it is quite as a mouse . I think that is due to the outrunner motor it came with as opposed to the one shown in the pics . I had one minor boom strike early on that was fixed for $3 and had my first major crash yesterday I tried 3D and my backyard is too small with my experience level at this time ( Only have about 5 battery cycles through it ) . I sorta flew it into a tree and although it looked spectacular it only broke the main blades , bent the cross shaft and stripped the tail nyon gear on the boom . Total of about 30 bucks . So far I'm still under $ 275 invested with my ebay no warranty heli so for a lot of people it's a good option .

Old 05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
gino198

Agree darkisde. I bought three sets of blades @17.50 each with the savings. As long as you get a mode 2, these guys get them from Art-Tech delears/distributors too.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
YFZALLBLACK

WOW! That was a smoking deal. I bet you wont see them that cheap again. I would buy another for that price for parts alone........I just flew my Century Hummingbird again and just had to laugh...I meen its fun and everything but watching some of the videos of the Falcon 3D get me more excited than actually flying the Hummingbird......Is that the Delivery Truck I hear??? Darn false alarm. I'm going to be 40 this year and I feel like I am 14.....All right I'll try to keep from posting until I get my bird or at least keep my posts constructive... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

ORIGINAL: DarkSide41

ORIGINAL: ct420

Wow! 225 + 50 shipping =275 with a 3 day and then you're screwed warranty??? I wish you luck [&o]

I kinda like my [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160105714839&rd=1&rd=1]EBAY Heli[/link] for $239 delivered and never expected a warranty . At the time HL was $299 + shipping and I never could get them on the phone to ask a question so I took the chance . It flew nice right off the bat after minor blade tracking setup plus it is quite as a mouse . I think that is due to the outrunner motor it came with as opposed to the one shown in the pics . I had one minor boom strike early on that was fixed for $3 and had my first major crash yesterday I tried 3D and my backyard is too small with my experience level at this time ( Only have about 5 battery cycles through it ) . I sorta flew it into a tree and although it looked spectacular it only broke the main blades , bent the cross shaft and stripped the tail nyon gear on the boom . Total of about 30 bucks . So far I'm still under $ 275 invested with my ebay no warranty heli so for a lot of people it's a good option .

Old 05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
critterz

Simages - Thanks for the comments, it does seem like HL might be my best bet because I will need some support since I don't know anyone with a heli.

Dark and gino - I would much rather pay less but if there were issues, it would me a little harder to deal with someone from HK or China(even though I'm asian). I'm really glad you guys got them for such good prices and they are working so good.

YFZALLBLACK - Haha, isn't that so true, watching some of those movies of them flying!

Thanks All! Going to contact HL and see what they can do for me(to my wallet).

YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:06 PM
huminski
My Feedback: (23)

Hey falcon fans.

I posted a thread with the mods I did to fit 325MM blades, as well as a closed loop flybar and ball bearing mixing levers throughout the head. Check it out here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58...tm.htm#5868855

Try to post any questions about the mods in that thread.

Flies great with the new head configuration. The 325MM blades also make a nice difference, more stability and lift.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 PM
alex k

Any body want my Falcon 3D with CF blades?

PM me a price if your interested.

Have fun,
Alex
Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 PM
twosted

Yea, I thought it was a good deal too. I will eventually get the aluminum upgrades. This is my first heli. A lot of the guys at my work have been buying helis lately. I have watched them go through 3 or 4 of them each. I thought about getting a fixed pitch one but decided to go with the falcon. I figure if I just take my time and not rush it I should have no problem learning how to fly it. And then when I get comfortable flying it I can switch to 3D and really smash it good . Plus I have watched the guys at my work crash thiers so many times I kind of know what not to do. At least I hope I do [sm=tongue_smile.gif].
ORIGINAL: YFZALLBLACK

Hey twosted I jumped on the same deal as you...Just ordered mine from the same auction on Tuesday. We got a great deal if we have no problems. I am in Ventura CA and cant wait to get my hands on this little bird. I orderd the aluminum tail rotor gear setup and the flybar upgrade. Do you have a heli now? I am flying an old Century Humming bird and am really looking forward to the new toy. It has carbon blades on it and I have broken alot of things around the house with the blades. Carbsumer has a good point about the carbon blades but I'm going to roll the dice with the carbon units. Well good luck and I'll look for your posts on RCU.

Michael

Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 PM
twosted

Thanks for the advice. I might just do that, especially while I am learning.
ORIGINAL: Carbsumer

Don't use those carbon blades--buy some woodies:

http://www.ka-planes.com/helicopters__2_?start=15

Supposedly the carbon blades will rip your heli apart in an accident. The woodies will break and absorb a lot of the impact.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:55 PM
twosted

Anyone know if this case will work? [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300086926652&rd=1&rd=1[/link]
ORIGINAL: huminski

Never found the stanley case, but I have a Kobalt utility box I got at Lowes for under $30 that fits the 400 size helis very well. There are pics in the thread earlier back.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,
Don't buy that.
The guy is ripping you for shipping fees also.
Last week Staples had a sale on those foam filled aluminum boxes for $39.95 and that was a medium size.
I wanted to get one but I need the funds fore the other Heli.
Check out Staples.
Vegas/
Old 05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Sada

Hi guys, i have another problem with my falcon

i was just practicing how to hover in my backyard, after a few attempts i reset and repostion it for another attempt, but this time
as i power up the heli, the tail started to move to the right, so i normally counter it with a little input of the rudder side.
but as i give more power, the falcon will spin more to the right till it constantly spins in circle.

is it my gyro or tail servo that giving me the problem?

i notice my tail blade was kinda loose also, when i tighten it, it still did the same thing.
i'll see if i can get a short video up if its hard to understand what i'm trying to say.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:39 PM
DCHeli

Make sure the gear on the tail shaft is not loose. If you ever change it you should CA it back on or it could spin free.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
thermal7

If you buy your heli on Ebay, you might think all is OK with your ready to fly heli out of the box. BEWHERE that you might have a transmitter and receiver that is actually operating on the 35 or 40 MHZ bands which are not allowed here in the USA. I got my Falcon 3D from Hong Kong or 225 plus shipping and my friend got his from Canada for 200 plus shipping. We thought we got good deals but checking the radio equipment with a calibrated frequency scanner, our units came with 35 and 40 MHZ equipment installed. YES, the heli's will fly and you would never know you were out of band until you got hit with a commercial transmitter in these bands. Play it safe and double check your radio equipment if you get it on Ebay. The Hong Kong dealer replaced my equipment but eventhough the installed crystals said 72.850 MHZ, the new radio transmitter and receiver were on 35 MHZ. Factory QA appears unreliable with these EBAY dealers. They are just selling these heli's and you really can't blame them as they may know nothing about radios. Most buyers just believe the labeling and that may not always be right with these Falcon 3D packages. I would be surprised if I were the only person to have gotten non 72 MHZ equipment. Check yours for safety sake. Good luck. I have 2 Falcon 3Ds one with a 72 mhz radio used from Ebay which flies great and another I will be installing a DX-7 system. You may also want to consider the FMA Direct CPD-4 Co Pilot. I am am a heli beginner and have had no crashes yet with only 13 flight sessions under my belt.
Ralph WA6STC
Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Our store has had three out of the last six(all we've had since opening) returned for bad gyros.
When the rudder is moved and returned, the servo wants to continue moving slowly the opposite way.
It just doesn't center...at all!

Unfortunately, the customers were not experienced enough to check the blade positions
before first flight therefore, the helis are being flown, spin out of control and come back with stripped
tail servos and tail gears due to the inevitable tail blade strikes.

Fortunately, HL seems to be authorizing full in-house repairs, regardless of additional damage so
good job there. It's sort of a peeve but, understandable why a company won't admit
when there is a faulty component being widely distributed.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 AM
ericjames1967

ok. im really stuck. this is the new guy. i have spent all day looking at the posts and websites you have all given me and i truly want to say thanks for the help. but again i have no knowledge so i am trying to get advice for a beginner. i have read every post and comment on what was mentioned or suggested as me for a beginner and it came down to these two. the blade cx-2 and many people said that is a great unit for a beginner. but i have seen the falcon 3-d is also considered great and even though it seems from the reviews i have read it is a great deal or a modest price, and it seems more upgradeable. i dont want to waste anyones time but i am really confused here. in my opinion from what i have read i might be best off getting the blade cx because i guess it is easier for beginners. but the reviews on the falcon 3-d make it seem like a great bargain. and something upgradeable. again thank you all for any help.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Capmed07

I started out with the Mini-Pred 3D, the same as the Falcon 3D, I had no Heli experience. I would say go for the Falcon 3D, and us the Simulator with it before you try to fly the Heli, I tried to fly it before any practice and crashed it often. Practise, Practise, Practise that’s all I can say…
Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 AM
ct420

ORIGINAL: Sportflyr

When the rudder is moved and returned, the servo wants to continue moving slowly the opposite way.
It just doesn't center...at all!

Well, of course it does. This is NORMAL behavior for a heading hold gyro. If it doesn't 'creep' like this, then there is something wrong, or it is in rate mode...

Old 05-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The creep is normal as said above. Everytime I put up a flight it either creeps a bit left or right. A few clicks of rudder trim stops it cold for the rest of the flight. I tried an Ikarus gyro and it did the same thing so I put the original one back on.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
RaceCraftRC

i started out with the falcon 3d big mistake just got a blade cp wow what a great machine right out of the box easy and fun. (when i got my falcon it had a bad gyro i was such a noob i just thought they were hard to control it took two crashs for me to take it to a pro to get it sortated out) but now that thing flys great sometime i even let go of the sticks (no wind) but if i had to choose how to start again i would still choose the falcon when its right its right just let a old timer set it up LOL it will make it alot easyer on the wallet.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:29 AM
mikek0416

good supply of parts, lower shipping costs

www.ka-planes.com
Old 05-21-2007, 08:35 AM
DarkSide41

ORIGINAL: mikek0416

good supply of parts, lower shipping costs

www.ka-planes.com

Just ordered a few parts from there and Hobby Lobby . You can come out pretty good if you get the longer stuff like blades etc keeping it under $25 from K.A. and get the other stuff that will fit in the 4X4 box from Hobby Lobby
Old 05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Capmed07

Just had the motor come off the screw plate, lucky for me I was only hovering at knee high. Has anyone had this problem please see picture???

Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
RaceCraftRC

WOW thats new to me was it doing anything strange just before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.