Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Back in the saddle

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:30 AM
vallon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the saddle

Well I finally got my Raptor back out after three years. I was hovering for like 15 minutes straight which I have never done. I have had my heli in hove training the first year, but the second year I wrecked it and had no money to repair it. Now IT IS BACK! I am actually setting up the engine myself for a guy who has never seen an RC heli fly but on videos. I am finally getting the write smoke. I feel there are still many tweeks that need to be made. My tail wag is gone too! Now when I try to fly it it seems a bit jerky. Can anyone help me with this. It dosen't seem to make a smooth trasition into like a turn or something. Other than that, I am happy with my results. I just need to tweek it. I am finally at the tweeking stage to make my flight better and smoother.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:55 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Back in the saddle

there are to numerous the number of things that could cause it to be 'jerky'. lite blades, lite flybar paddles, forward CG main blades, slop in the controls, high head speed, 3D setup, etc...etc....etc.... also the smoke is by no means an indication of a properly tuned engine. my X-Cell smokes like a train, you can hardly even see it (the heli) in a hover even with a slight breeze the smoke is so prolific, the Raptor 60 (with same engine/muff) has modest smoke but not overly so.

kc
Old 06-29-2006, 07:47 AM
vallon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back in the saddle

I think it could be the 3D setup. It still could have something to do with head speed or engine setup. My engine has enough power and everything, but still at idle it is not really smooth. It wants to cut out. I feel at am at a point where I have minor tuning here and there. I know there is probably still some things I could adjust on the rotor head as well. It runs smooth but I still feel that things could be evened out. I still have yet to get a pitch gauge. It doesn't vibrate hardly at all, but could still be a bit smoother.