Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Fixed wing flyer trying rotary...HELP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Fixed wing flyer trying rotary...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:18 PM
JRod1027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed wing flyer trying rotary...HELP!!!

Good day to all my rc brothers, and sisters. I'm a veteran fixed wing pilot and I'm trying my hand at rotary. I bought a hirobo shuttle plus on ebay for a good price. I feel I'm out of my league trying to set up my new (old) heli. I'm having difficulty in figuring out where to install the gyro. Does anyone know where to install the gyro? I have a CSM SL 420 gyro. It's a small unit, about 1X1X1 give or take a fraction of an inch. I know that the best thing to do is go to a field and find an experienced heli flyer, but I live in the sticks of New York. I await some helpful advice.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Machinegun21

Default RE: Fixed wing flyer trying rotary...HELP!!!

are you having difficulty figuring out where to put the gyro?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:46 PM
SkyUp

Welcome JRod,

I don't know if this will help, but I think the manual for the Shuttle is here:

http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty...tle/index.html

I would assume that you'd want to keep the gyro some distance from the motor to avoid interference.

Hope it helps!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
dannoh40

Greatings Jrod, You and I are in the same boat. Only I havn't flown planks at all. I just bought an areobird challenger to learn though. I just bought a Shuttle ZX, I'm not sure how old it is but Hirobo still has parts from newer models that work for it as well. My shuttle has a space just in front of the engine, between that and the fuel tank. Thats what they show in the manuel I got from the post above. Thats also where the owner befor me placed it as well.
I've learned how to adjust the pitch and stuff like that but havn't even started mine yet,I'm still trying to learn on a cheep electric but they seem to be nothing but trouble.
I hope you get your gyro in stalled ok, If you have any more probs feel free to PM me.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:29 AM
JRod1027

hey machinegun21, thanks for replying to my post. I don't seem to find a good level spot to place my gyro. The instructions for the gyro says to install the gyro parallel to the shaft. The only thing I can see of doing is installing it on the side of the frame just behind the shaft. What do you think?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:52 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located? I'm 20 miles north of Buffalo, NY.

If you aren't too far away, I will be glad to not only help you set up your heli, but teach you to hover in a couple of hours (same day).

CCR
Old 08-01-2006, 01:16 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The shuttle is a nitro bird so there's no interference issues with the motor and the gyro.

I want to say there's a flat plate behind the main mast above the frames to mount it but I'll have to look when I get home for sure, I'll post a picture of the electronics installation on my Shuttle Plus when I get home if I remember.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:31 PM
SkyUp

I would assume that you'd want to keep the gyro some distance from the motor to avoid interference.
Doh!

(I need to learn when to quit typing ... sorry, got 'lectrics on my brain ... )
Old 08-06-2006, 02:23 AM
JRod1027

Thanks for esponding. As I look At my shuttle plus, I don't see a flat plate anywhere on the frame. There frame has a slight angle aft of the mast. I would still like to see a picture of your shuttle, though.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:26 AM
JRod1027

CCR thanks for the offer but I'm not that far up in the sticks. I'm in Pine Bush, between Middletown and Newburgh. I do appreciate your assistance.