Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor 30 V1 going Crazy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor 30 V1 going Crazy

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:15 PM
HavingFun2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 V1 going Crazy

I have a Raptor 30 V1, old school. I just change the wood blades with carbon, and replaced the feathering shaft as well. It was off a bit.

Anyway, I developed a problem. The darn things flies great, tracks well, and seems in balance, but when I come down from a high to a low hover, catching the heli before it hits the deck, the blades seem to go crazy, oscillating all over the place.

This is an intermittent problem. This only happens once in a while, and it does not seem to crash the heli, I don’t lose lift, and everything seems fine (to me, I’m new) mechanically.

Too much positive pitch? Something needs to be check that I’m missing?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Raptor 30 V1 going Crazy

That what they use to call woof and puff on the old V1's, they were none to to do that. Mine did the same thing, the way I fixed mine was flip the blade grip, after I flipped the grips it never did it again. I can't explain why it works, but it does. I read an article on how to fix the problem, that's how I knew to flip the grips.

Go to [link=http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/]http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/[/link], then click on "technical" then click on " Helicopter Specific Topics" then click on "Raptor 30 V-1 Tips", they have some good info on the V1 heli
Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 AM
tippy

Charlie:: ... Go to [link=http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/]http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/[/link], then click on "technical" then click on " Helicopter Specific Topics" then click on "Raptor 30 V-1 Tips", they have some good info on the V1 heli
or you can click just once and get to the [link=http://www.scotiabladerunners.ca/raptorimprovements.htm]Raptor 30 V-1 Tips[/link] page ...

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 08-23-2006, 01:53 PM
HavingFun2002

Thanks! I would have never figured that one out myself.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:18 PM
RCer22

Did you try putting the old blades on to see if the problem went away?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:21 PM
HavingFun2002

I never had a problem with the old wooden blades, so I assume the problem would not be the same. However, the reason I switch to carbon was that I cracked one of the blades, thus I can't test them now. I assume I could purchase new wooden ones.

ORIGINAL: RCer22

Did you try putting the old blades on to see if the problem went away?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 PM
RCer22

You might also find the new carbons to be lighter than the old wood ones. That can be causing the problem. Now the head overspeeds on down throttle.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 PM
HavingFun2002

Is the fix still reversing the grips? Or, should I be doing something else?

You might also find the new carbons to be lighter than the old wood ones. That can be causing the problem. Now the head overspeeds on down throttle.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:41 PM
RCer22

I myself have a 30 V2 and have never had that problem. I have the Mavric blades from Heli Proz and never used the wood ones that came with the heli. The only overspeeding that I ever had was slowing down to a stop from fast foward flight. I lowered my head speed the cure this. That worked for me. If the others are saying that turning over the grips will cure it I would do what they say.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
HavingFun2002

Thanks. You lower head speed in the throttle curve, correct?

I myself have a 30 V2 and have never had that problem. I have the Mavric blades from Heli Proz and never used the wood ones that came with the heli. The only overspeeding that I ever had was slowing down to a stop from fast foward flight. I lowered my head speed the cure this. That worked for me. If the others are saying that turning over the grips will cure it I would do what they say.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 PM
RCer22

Yes that is correct. I try to find a head speed that dose not let that happen. If you are familiar with the throttle curve settings and the different points you can set them up to the desired head speed for the stick position you want.