Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

please help me out !!

Old 12-09-2006, 08:00 PM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me out !!

hi i want to know what would be a good Heli that i can start with? i like the eflite cp but a lot of people tell me to start with the cx but i want something i can start and stay with once i learn how to fly and that can fly in and out side.and a friend of mines told me about the honey bee but i don't know nothing about heli's i drive nitro cars/trucks any help will be appreciated.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
anothersteve

Default RE: please help me out !!

Hey man, I'm not trying to insult you but you say you "like" the Blade CP even though you have no experience with hilos? I actually know what you are talking about! I like em all but can't fly em worth a crap! I also got the CP as one of my first, the VNR3d was my actual first. They are in parts,after acouple of days with each, just waiting for the spring. The EFlite CX2 or any "coaxial" heli is what I would recomend for the beginner (ME!). I've been flying the CX2 for 2 days now, with some minor mishaps, but it is still in one piece. Start off slow with the coaxials until you really get the feel, I have about a grand "invested" with 3 hilos under my belt and the one I should have started with is a "Coaxial". You will kick yourself in the butt for spending alot of bling on something you WILL CRASH AND HAVE TO ORDER NEW PARTS FOR AND WAIT FOR THEM TO COME JUST TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER AND CRASH AGAIN! Good luck.
Later,Steve
Old 12-10-2006, 05:05 PM
bennyblanco

thanks! i will consider the cx2!
Old 12-10-2006, 05:30 PM
p01rogue

I'm currently learning cp pro and still would not get rid of my cx as it's fun to fly indoors as a no stress heli once it's mastered.
I don't see how you can go wrong buying a cx as you will keep it when you move up or resell as there seems to be no lack of people looking for them.
My local hobby store says they can resell a cx in a day or two for about $40-50 less than new.
I also accredit my being able to hover the cp pro very quickly to my time on the cx.
Hobby stores seem to stock cx parts and they a relatively cheap , so as a learning tool, I highly recommend it.