Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

raptor g2 take off problems

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

raptor g2 take off problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:07 PM
imnew4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor g2 take off problems

hey, when my raptor is trying to get off the ground it starts to lean forward or left or right and sometimes backwrds. Is this the backwash from the wind coming from the blades or no. please help......
Old 12-15-2006, 06:00 PM
J-Cube

Default RE: raptor g2 take off problems

Do you know how to fly/hover? That's a really expert level heli.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
starcop

Hey imnew, yeah that's all that is have you upgraded to the brushless? It will take time to gain confidence and get it in the air. usually it's better to apply enough throttle to straighten out the blades and watch for it to get lite on the skids, then give it more throttle to take off. The best way I learned was to use training gear and make sure the heli is adjusted correctly- trim wise. When you take off you should have minimal tail swing, left or right and the heli should gain altitude straight up with a little movement left, right, forward or backward. These helicopters due to the RX aren't perfect or solid, the servos are going to have a little movement or linkage movement. Mine; now that it's trim and adjusted tends to hover fairly stable and move slightly forward it's kind-of your preference on the attitude your comfortable with; everyones different. But to answer your question yes that is most likely backwash. Hey I'm an expert! I fly mine and I'm new to heli's. Check out my Pico z I bought this thing months ago, now everyone has one. 29.99 Toys R Us. Have a good one, hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81347.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	578072  
Old 12-27-2006, 01:28 AM
tgifia

I had bought a Raptor G2 for Christmas. The heli would not get off the ground. Hobbytown tech with 13 years with rcs under his belt could not get it to fly. I am a beginner, for i bought a 4 channel 2 years ago and with the weather conditions where i live was not able to fly outside, so no really long flights (just up down left right and hops in our shop). I had to return the G2 and i got a Walkera 60 instead. The G2 in my opinion is glitchy and a Walkera remake. I would go with the Walkera from my bad experience to ensure flight and fun.It sucked to get the G2 as my primary Christmas present, charge both batteries, and be hyped to fly when it would not get off the ground.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Typhoon1492

I 've had the Raptor g2 for two weeks and don't know what to do with it . I can't even take off who could help me with a run down on what to do including how to trim the rotor settings.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Foxito

ORIGINAL: Typhoon1492

I 've had the Raptor g2 for two weeks and don't know what to do with it . I can't even take off who could help me with a run down on what to do including how to trim the rotor settings.
Your Raptor G2 is pretty much an exact copy of my Falcon 3D (or mine a copy of yours) and they are basically the same helicopter. Do you have on your TX two buttons, one PIT and another PLT? If your helicopter can't lift up, it could be that you have your blades pitch so low that it won't get off the ground. If you set the PIT all the way counterclockwise, no wonder, that is negative pitch... Do this, set your PIT knob to 12:00 o'clock right in the middle, as well as your PLT know (that one adjusts the main rotor blades pitch servo travel) to the middle also 12 o'clock....spin the blades slowly at a time and see if it takes off the ground...

If it doesn't, increase the PIT (pitch) a bit clockwise and try again, ....you should be able to get it off the ground between 10 o'clock and 1 o'clock......But try to hover or fly it without too much pitch, because that would slow down your tail's rotor blades speed and the heli will loose tail control, ...meaning crash easily.

If you can't still get it off the ground no matter where you set the PIT knob, maybe the pitch control rod that goes from the bottom up through the hollow main rotor shaft is loose...check that too.

I hope this helped

Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
dooleyje

The G2 is actually a Walkera36. The Exceed and Walkera products are same same. Now with that said I suggest you go to the G2 thread and take a read from those guys. The G2 will fly and fly well. Just not out of the box in most cases. Take a few minutes and read up on it. It will save you a bunch of trouble and disappointing flights. Those of us who have been doing this for a long long time have learned that the discovery and knowledge is a good part of it. Have fun in learning,
JIM
Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Foxito

ORIGINAL: dooleyje

The G2 is actually a Walkera36. The Exceed and Walkera products are same same. Now with that said I suggest you go to the G2 thread and take a read from those guys. The G2 will fly and fly well. Just not out of the box in most cases. Take a few minutes and read up on it. It will save you a bunch of trouble and disappointing flights. Those of us who have been doing this for a long long time have learned that the discovery and knowledge is a good part of it. Have fun in learning,
JIM
Wrong person, tell all that to Typhoon1492, I was replying him. I do not have a Raptor G2 nor I care about it.

Regards