Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Lipo batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
imnew4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo batteries

Hey I am just wondering if you can an adapter like ones at xheli.com under lipos (at bottom of screen) then under chargers. Can you just buy one of these and plug it into your old charger and plug in the battery. Also do the lipos have two plugs coming out of them because one is for charging and one you can plug into the heli, Thanks for any input and lots wanted.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:47 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lipo batteries

Sorry, I didnt understand the first part of your question. and yes, some Lipo's have a discharge plug (goes to the heli) and a charge plug. Read the instructions for both the battery and the charger, as Lipo batteries can be very dangerous if handled improperly. Please take that statement very seriously, Im not kidding one bit !
Old 05-21-2007, 03:00 PM
squilly

Can one use LiPo Batteries on a brushed motor? I have a walkera 36 and it came with a 650mA battery pack and a brushed motor. I need to get a battery with a lot more capacity so I can at least get off the ground before the battery dies on me. In the user handbook it warns you not to use a LiPo with a brushed motor as this could damage the Heli??? Anybody know why???
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Heli Jim

There are TWO plugs on the LiPo batteries because the wider white one is a balance charger plug

If you have the right kind of charger, you plug this one into it and it makes sure to charge each cell
to it's correct capacity. If you have to charge your pack thru the smaller 2 wire plug that you plug into
the heli with, then you don't always get a balanced charge and you would have to use a balancer once in a
while to make sure your battery pack is balanced.

You can't use a NiCad or a NMH charger to charge your LiPo batteries......very dangerous.

Use the right charger...........
Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: squilly

Can one use LiPo Batteries on a brushed motor? I have a walkera 36 and it came with a 650mA battery pack and a brushed motor. I need to get a battery with a lot more capacity so I can at least get off the ground before the battery dies on me. In the user handbook it warns you not to use a LiPo with a brushed motor as this could damage the Heli??? Anybody know why???
welcome to RCU with your first post =)

I honestly have no idea why, except that it might be too much for your ESC to handle. I am flying a lipo on a brushed motor right now, so that isn't the problem. You might ask over in the walkera forum why they do that. that forum is here.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_405/tt.htm
Old 05-22-2007, 06:43 AM
squilly

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the link you sent to me.

Cheers

Squilly
Old 05-23-2007, 03:06 AM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: squilly

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the link you sent to me.

Cheers

Squilly
no problemo =)