Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Repairs on a Blade CX

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
hobiecatlob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairs on a Blade CX

After a crash I had to replace a few parts on my Blade CX. It has become very unstable since. Do most hobby stores offer repair service usually? It seems I need someone really experienced to re-calibrate and/or re balance my CX. I spent hours upon hours making tiny adjustments but haven't been able to get it like it was when it was new.

Anyone have any advice on how to find someone experience to help me? PS: I am in Toronto.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:29 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: Repairs on a Blade CX

After your crash, what parts did you replace? What is the CX doing as far as being unstable? Drifting, circles. We need more information to help ya. Alot of hobby shops will help ya out for free. First off, make sure that the flybar is straight as an arrow..

ORIGINAL: hobiecatlob

After a crash I had to replace a few parts on my Blade CX. It has become very unstable since. Do most hobby stores offer repair service usually? It seems I need someone really experienced to re-calibrate and/or re balance my CX. I spent hours upon hours making tiny adjustments but haven't been able to get it like it was when it was new.

Anyone have any advice on how to find someone experience to help me? PS: I am in Toronto.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 AM
hobiecatlob

I replaced the inner shaft and head with an aluminum one and I repaired the lower blade with CA glue. The chip off the blade was clean so I got a good fix on the blade with the CA.

Where I think I screwed up was I loosened the lower rotor head and it moved so I had it in a different height on the shaft as factory installed. That cause a left or right banking but I think I managed to find the sweet spot on correcting that banking. What it is doing now is circling (yawing) to the left, it vibrates more that usual and it generally just seems less stable.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM
choppersrule

Hobiecatlob,

get the lower rotor head back to where it's suppose to be, there is a small whole in the outter shaft that the screw fits into. It help the lower rotor head from slipping. Also, I would suggest to get new blades. One drop of CA glue, can put the blades out of balance. Or put another drop of CA on the opposite blade.

Dave / Choppersrule
ORIGINAL: hobiecatlob

I replaced the inner shaft and head with an aluminum one and I repaired the lower blade with CA glue. The chip off the blade was clean so I got a good fix on the blade with the CA.

Where I think I screwed up was I loosened the lower rotor head and it moved so I had it in a different height on the shaft as factory installed. That cause a left or right banking but I think I managed to find the sweet spot on correcting that banking. What it is doing now is circling (yawing) to the left, it vibrates more that usual and it generally just seems less stable.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:11 AM
hobiecatlob

Thanks! I will try a new blade. Unfortunately the lower blades are all backordered at my LHSs.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM
S.n.a.k.e.

Take your blades off, and reassemble them and place the ball joints on a identical pair of cups (drinking glasses, whatever, as long as they are the same size). The blades should balance. If not, add weight to the light side (I use scotch tape). In fact, before I could find in stock and ordered a bunch of lower blades, I had lower blades that were as much tape as blade, and it still flew.

Always check blade balance because the weight varies greatly between blades. Less than a gram difference in weight will really affect flight characteristics.

Marc