Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor G2 Assembly HELP NEEDED

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor G2 Assembly HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Raptor G2 Assembly HELP NEEDED

I bought my first heli, the G2, and it flew! I have learned a few things. Don't fly it in your basement out of the box and make sure you have a fully charged battery.

After replacing two sets of blades in the basement, I had a nice evening to take it outside. I was up about two stories flying an oval pattern when it took a nose dive into the snow. I thought I was thankful it was snow. well, It entered the snow at such an angle that it pushed up the main rotor blades forcing one blade to hit the tail boom, bending the boom and wiping out the entire rotor head and shaft.

I was hoping someone knew where to get a breakdown of the G2 assembly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23982.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	628209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34847.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	628210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64861.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	628211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36364.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	628212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd43690.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	628213  
Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
ewolow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raptor G2 Assembly HELP NEEDED

Here ya go. Also, www.hooobby.com has been a pretty reliable source for parts. Shipping is a little higher since its China but I've dealth with them on many occasions.

Oh one more thing. I highly suggest you invest in a helicopter sim like RealFlight G3. It's around $200. It will pay for itself in the parts you wont have to buy crashing in the sim instead of your heli.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
phatbob02

Thanks ewolow. That's just what I was looking for. I wish I knew that sooner. The Walkera parts are a tad less expensive.
I do have the G3.5 sim. And it's been great but it's still not the real thing. My problem was being stupid and taking off with a low battery.

I figure I'll know the G2 a lot better when I get it reassembled

Thanks again !!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
starcop

Hey phatbob02, I've been involved with a thread for quit some time on the Raptor G2 there is a lot of information there. I've been flying my Raptor for about 3 months now with full upgrades. The Radio will lose signal on a regular basis and it will tail strike or nose dive! You might want to trust me on this one. I replaced my radio because I have a t-rex 600 and a Mx400 and now I haven't crashed in a long time. The signal loss is why I crashed my Raptor on several occasions. I even had it go full throttle one day in my driveway. Be careful with this helicopter it has a mind of it's own. Here is the link, we have a pretty good following on the G2! starcop out.. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50..._1/key_/tm.htm

Name:	Yw67168.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	824.9 KB
ID:	628724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69788.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	628725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48270.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	770.2 KB
ID:	628726  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:22 PM
phatbob02

Thanks Starhop! Can I keep the Gyro and servos or did you replace everything? I do have the Fataba 7CHP that I bought with a Helimax MX400 pro but I haven't put it together yet.
Thanks
Bob
Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
starcop

Hi phatbob02, I used my Futaba CH 7 PCM. I used the Exceed gyro it works great! I am going to replace the servos with S3107 I have four so I might aswell us them. I really like my Futaba 7 the only change I had to make for the Raptor is turning down the channel 6 End-Point. I have positive at 100% and negative to 0% this way the pitch servo in the helicopter has the correct range of travel. currently the stock servos work fine; but I like a more direct feel when I fly. The stock servos don't respond soon enough to stay ahead of the helicopter. starcop out... PS: I never fly my helimax because I have more fun with my cheap Raptor G2...

Name:	Ec88563.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	821.1 KB
ID:	628828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63518.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	714.4 KB
ID:	628829  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
phatbob02

Yup ! Same radio I bought. I also bought the JR Mini Heli Performance ServoSet to use in the Helimax. I'll get a second receiver for the radio and give it a try in the G2. I should have all my parts for the G2 buy the end of next week.

I'm pissed about the factory radio but I guess you get what you pay for. I assumed my crash was battery but a radio failure makes more sense.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:33 PM
starcop

Hey phatbob02, Oh I was "livid" to say the least. Helicopters can be an emotional roller coaster; one second your happy and flying- then blammo a crash. The thing that gets me is this helicopter has enough against it, weak frame, zero power motor, poor servos and then a bad radio. My radio is the only reason I was crashing. I could literally watch the helicopter go from a smooth hover to a slow backward desent and I'd use full forward and nothing. It would lose signal even after the crash and I was right next to it. You have to re-boot the switch in flight to get it back. Too hard to keep monitoring all that junk. Now I've re-built it several times; because it's cheap to fix. Helidirect.com has most of the parts for $2.75! Check them out, also hooobby.com has the aluminum head for $32.50 and the metal tail for $31.50. Well good luck, keep it up-right. starcop out..
Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
joecatran

i need a picture of the tail and blade assemblys for all cnc upgrade parts on a exceed rc raptor g2. The parts i am refering to are 50H08-80 through 50H08-90. I need all angles or detailed pictures of which parts and which screws go where. Can anyone help? I hope i am posting this in the right area......