Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Old 04-25-2011, 06:13 PM
drobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

I can not believe people still buy from them.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

Yup, I got scre... err, jerked around by them back in 08. Still get the updates but haven't posted in a while. In all this time I have seen now three constants: Death, taxes, and B.H. still as crappy as ever.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM
falcon2160

B. Calhoun here and all I cansay is get in line behind those of us willing to take Banana Hobby to court, Small claims of course.I got burned again by my own addiction to high performance military aircraft. I can't look at BH website w/o getting anxious w/ sweaty palms because I salivate and giggle about wanting to possess6-7 of their products as soon as I can get 'em.
BUT THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING BENT, BROKE, OR THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SO MYSTIFYING, OR NON EXISTANT when I'm trying to assemble a $250 RC jet, that does not function as adverrtised. If your supplied a 3 point tricycle landing gear system that does not operate, You've wasted your money.
And to have to report BH to the BBB is sad to have to do.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) rates Banana Hobby a BIG FAT "F" acros the board.
We must boycott BH until they improve, and their nowhere close today.
Spread the word, "Don't buy from Banana Hobby,or............Hobby Lobby.
Stay tuned as I file my case in court..
I have tried to communicate with their tech support, mgmt and owners,..........Silence after they replied to my complaint with their standard line. I replyed, but no responce, even after 2-3 civil email requests for assistance on the jet I'm having problems d/t the main landing gear servos quit after 5-7 gear position cycles. 've asked for directions and replacement servos within the 30 day window. Not one reply to my requests to [email protected]..
I have the documentation.
i DON'T MEAN TO DEGRADE, EMBARESS, OR INSULT OTHERS,,,,,BUT BANANA HOBBY HAS ENGAGED IN DECEPTIVE SALES PRACTICES, INFERIOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT, AND A WANTON DISREGARD OF THEIR CUSTOMERS CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS.

If someone would like to debate the merits, or weaknessses of my arguements, I'd be happy to cross swords.
BCalhoun.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:56 PM
heliflier2011

Here is a little chat I had with a Banana Hobby spokesperson, word to the wise... steer clear of these guys

Please wait for a site operator to respond. Thank you.

You are not currently in a chat session.

You are now chatting with 'Abby'. Thank you for waiting. May I have the last 6 digits of the order# if you have an order with us; If you do not have any order with us yet or need for help on other inquries, then how may I help you?

Carolyn Bradley: 156121

Abby: And the reason for the RMA request?

Carolyn Bradley: The helicopters that we purcheasd do not work.

Abby: Can you tell me how you arrived to this conclusion?

Carolyn Bradley: When we toke them out of the box and charged them they hade no lift and would not do anything.

Abby: Can you tell me how long you charged the battery for?

Carolyn Bradley: Untill the light turend green as instructed in the instructions

Abby: Can you tell me how long that took?

Carolyn Bradley: 60 minites.

Abby: And did you turn on the helicopter first?

Carolyn Bradley: Meaning?

Abby: Did you turn on the helicopter first before the transmitter (controller)?

Carolyn Bradley: Yes.

Abby: You were supposed to turn on the transmitter first with the throttle stick (left) and throttle trim (left vertical tabs) all the way down first then the helicopter

Carolyn Bradley: Look Mam, I am not a child, please stop talking to as though I am. The helicoptors in question were tried consistantly be my boyfriend and all directions were followed. The problem was not with the connection between the remote and the helicopter, the problem was considering the lift of the helicopter... it would not lift off the ground

Abby: The reason why it would not work is because you have turned on the helicopter first

Abby: It has a safety mechanism where it will not operate unless the transmitter is turned on first

Carolyn Bradley: No the reason it won't work is because the helicopter won't lift off the ground

Abby: Because you have stated that you have turned on the helicopter first before the transmitter

Carolyn Bradley: All this has been tried numerous times, the helicopters powerup just fine, they won't lift off the ground

Abby: Were your blades able to spin though?

Carolyn Bradley: Yes the blades spin just fine, the helicopter does not get enough lift to leave the ground

Abby: Were you trying to operate the two helicopters in the same vicinity and at the same time?

Carolyn Bradley: No, they were separated by at least 500 feet and tried separatly from eachother, (one controller and one helicopter at a time)

Abby: Did you try moving the throttle trim tab as well as the throttle stick?

Carolyn Bradley: Yes all remote functions were tried as available, and nothing that was tried solved the probem.

Abby: Can you tell me if you feel air above the helicopter or below the helicopter when the blades are spinning?

Abby: I just want to know which direction it's spinning

Carolyn Bradley: I can tell you that when It was out of the box the top blades spun clockwise and the bottom blades spun counter clockwise.. The product has been boxed for return so it's unavailable for use..

Carolyn Bradley: and yes there was air felt beneath them, it's not that they had not lift at all, just not enough to leave the ground

Abby: Can you try flying it in a room away from other electronics?

Abby: And make sure that antenna from the helicopter is sticking out

Carolyn Bradley: This waa already tried many times, they were not flown inside and yes the antenna was sticking out, do you not understand that we have already tested all things possible? Should I just go the route of asking my bank for a charge back and contacting the better business burea?

Abby: We can issue you a RMA but we do need digital pictures of the helicopters first

Abby: This is to insure the condition before it ships back in case there are any shipping damages caused by your shipping carrier

Abby: Please be aware that we will not be able to reimburse you for the shipping

Carolyn Bradley: I find that propostorous considering that this product was not at all as advertised, however I guess if that's all you can do for a customer of yours then that's all you can do.. I have sent multiplle emails containing pictures of the helicopters and have not recieved even one reply, which is why I decided to try the online chat system as well. I can tell you that I will do no further business with your site and will worn others of my experience with you, this has been a very frustrating experience and I don't think anyone deserves to be treated this way..

Abby: I do apologize if you feel that way but it is listed under our policies on our website. If you have sent those pictures already, I can look for them if you will provide me with your email address so that I can search for it

Carolyn Bradley: xxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Abby: Did you also want to return the yellow one/

Carolyn Bradley: There we're only two that I knew of the orange and the red one?

Carolyn Bradley: the yellow one is actually orange

Abby: So you didn't receive the correct color?

Carolyn Bradley: no another mistake that got by your company I suppose..

Abby: Alright then, I have noted these pictures. I will issue you the RMA information through that email. Please be aware that we will need up to 15 business days to process your RMA.

Abby: Our technicians in the RMA department will check to see what is wrong and notify you when they have looked into it

Carolyn Bradley: Ok well I thank you for your time and I appreciate your help... I only wish this hand't been such a stressful experience... I will try to make the best of it though..

Abby: I do apologize about this. Once we receive the package, we will inspect it and then inform you of what we found to be the problem and try to resolve it from there

Carolyn Bradley: Ok but what exactly does that mean? (resolve it from there) I wish to be refunded not sent more faulty merchandise

Abby: Would you prefer a refund of the item or a repair/replacement?

Carolyn Bradley: As I just mentioned... I would like a refund

Abby: I have noted your request and I will be sending you the RMA instructions

Abby: Please note that we are unable to refund the shipping though

Carolyn Bradley: That's fine, I wish it wasn't the case, but I still feel better getting a refund...

Abby: Alright then, the instructions will be emailed to you shortly

Carolyn Bradley: Ok thank you,

Abby: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Carolyn Bradley: No that is fine...

Abby: Alright then, have a great day

Carolyn Bradley: you too

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator. Thank you for visiting Banana Hobby and you have a wonderful day. Good Bye.

Needless to say this was after calling nonstop all day long and 5 emails without a response... Again beware!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:57 PM
gmackaone

I think I heard enough of this crap !!!! I'm an ex employee of banana hobby and i can say this they care about your money not you i got banned from there other family members witch own HOBBY PARTS .COM AND RAIDEN TECH FOR SAYING THE TRUTH !!!! THEY ARE SELLING YOU GUYS CRAP, KNOCK OFF STUFF IT MAY HAVE A STICKER SAYING MADE BY THIS PERSON , BUT IS MADE BY A 13 YEAR OLD WITHOUT THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE OR TOOLS!!!! A SWEET SHOP CONSISTING OF HOBBY ITEMS JUST SCREW AND PUT TOGETHER LIKE IN THE PICTURE, NOT TESTED OR CALIBRATED YOUR BUYING MYSTERY TECH!!!!!! A BUNCH OF NONE FLYING JUNK!!!! IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT SOME ACTION AGAINST THEM CALL ME 626 592-3867 MY NAME IS "GREG" THEY TOOK ME TO COURT AND I WON! DON'T LET THEM TAKE THE FUN OUT OF YOUR HOBBY!!!!! WHERE IS THE HOBBY ASSOCIATION TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS LIKE THIS
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 PM
gmackaone

iF ANYBODY NEEDS HELP WITH AN ISSUE THAT'S BEEN CAUSED BY THIS BIZ LET ME KNOW AND BY THE WAY ALL RMA NUMBERS ARE THE LAST NUMBERS OF YOUR ORDER !!!! OH AND THEY WILL ALWAYS SAY SOMETHING IS IN STOCK, BUT IS NOT!!!! THERE WAITING FOR YOUR MONEY SO THEY CAN SAY ITS ON BACK ORDER ,BUT THEY ARE INVESTING ALL THE BACK ORDER MONEY FOR INVENTORY PAYING THE MANUFACTURE/ DISTRIBUTOR.KIND OF LIKE DROP SHIPPING!!!! NEED MORE INFO JUST CALL ME ILL GIVE YOU THE TRUTH!!! 626 592 3867 GREG M FOR REALZZZZ!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 PM
phatg0nk

This company is pathetic , There company policy is to make the money off of sales, with no return policies on items they know are a peice of **** ..No time is invested in them..They sell broken Tx's literally on purpose.Then Because they dont deal with returns ..you ****ed..The dont care about repeat buisness at all ..there motto is " theres enough first time buyers to make a living if we sell junk at low cost with no returns"
Banana Hobbies =pile of crap
On top of this the have tons of advertisment videos With all there products being compelty modified out the ass. And film in a way that makes there dick look bigger
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

yeah tell me about it my father was checking out boats ofcourse he is on a budget retired and all. he bought this big yellow boat that boasted speeds of 40 mph out of the box. i looked at it and laughed but said well maybe when we put it in the water i laughed again as it maybe went 10 mph thats with a 20 mph wind gust hitting its backside. then my father tried to contact them as he was very angry and no answer yadda yadda. he since then gave the boat away and really lost interest i even told him not to get depressed about these guys and or the boat . so im replacing all the innards on this hunk o crap spartan and am giving it to him so hopefully he gets back into the game. btw i love how they rebadged some of  the walkera's and made them pete signature series and made them their own. dont get me wrong sneaky pete cracks me up, often me and the gf sit and watch his reviews and snicker and pete seems like he would be a cool cat to hang with. to bad he cant get out from under the big yellow bannana and goto a differant company.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Cobra Ray

Thanks for the warning Guys!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
jetpilotrich

Hey guys! I just came up with a very nice and very functional landing gear system for the Starmax F-18C Hornet. The plane is now very useable and the gear is reliable for use on grass.... I put it all in video form so that all can make the improvement! It can all be done for about $50 to $75 Bucks!

Check it out and please comment on the video! Enjoy! Rich

http://youtu.be/wlGZ84CKNik
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80146.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1770162