Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM
olwarbirds
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

me thinks the dancing banana done peeled out!!!!! LOL
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
joelisaben

Well, I purchased the Blitz RC Works P51D from Banana Hobby then I started reading this forum. Now I am getting nervous after reading all the negative reviews. One of the main reasons I wanted this plane was the excitment Pete had about it in his "in the box" and "flight reviews". From the videos, it looks awesome and seem to perform very well. I believe Pete is dedicated and sincere and with that, Pete if your listening, please don't ruin this experience for me.

Joe
(4 CH Pitts Bipe, Parkzone Vapor, Blade MCX)
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Lithonion

ORIGINAL: joelisaben

Well, I purchased the Blitz RC Works P51D from Banana Hobby then I started reading this forum. Now I am getting nervous after reading all the negative reviews. One of the main reasons I wanted this plane was the excitment Pete had about it in his "in the box" and "flight reviews". From the videos, it looks awesome and seem to perform very well. I believe Pete is dedicated and sincere and with that, Pete if your listening, please don't ruin this experience for me.

Joe
(4 CH Pitts Bipe, Parkzone Vapor, E-Flight MCX)
I ordered the Mig 15 January 16th. It was shipped the 19th and it should be at my door tommorow or Saturday. Just check your e-mails cause BH sends you a confirmation. So click the link on your confermation on your email, then click the track tab you can just keep an eye out. It took two days for a tracking number to show, then one more day to actually leave BH. There are some having problems with BH, but all in all its better then when I ordered from them before Pete started. They are on a uphill freeface climb with limited climbing gear. [&:]

I think you dont have any worries. I know a few people that I have talked to that have had no issues with orders. And you will love that P-51, its actually made by Art-Tech, I have had very good luck with their products. This Mig is my 3rd Art-Tech plane and I generally don't like foamies, but they make them look so nice.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
joelisaben

Thanks for the reassurance Lithonion.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Lithonion

No prob.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
algon

Has anyone tried the BlitzRCworks F-86 Sabre that Bannana Hobbies sells?
Was also looking at the Alfa F-86 from Hobby Lobby. The Blitz RC Sabre looks a little more scale at the nose opening than the Alfa does but it has those air intakes on the side of the fusalage that dont look very scale(making up for lack of volume at tthe nose I presume).
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Kunzle

I ordered from Banana Hobby this past summer. The Heli would not charge, so after many attempts to get through, they sent me a new battery and charger. The new charger was rated at a lesser mA and it did not charge either battery. I tried the original battery with the new charger and it didn't work! Banana Hobby SUCKS! [:@]
Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: algon

Has anyone tried the BlitzRCworks F-86 Sabre that Bannana Hobbies sells?
Was also looking at the Alfa F-86 from Hobby Lobby. The Blitz RC Sabre looks a little more scale at the nose opening than the Alfa does but it has those air intakes on the side of the fusalage that dont look very scale(making up for lack of volume at tthe nose I presume).
If you read back you will find that 90% of the posts are negative. Ever heard the old saying "one foot on a 'banana' peel...."? I think I know where it came from!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Mykey 1

Don't purchase from Banana hobby...NEED I SAY MORE!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Lithonion

Helicopters are the hardest thing to fly. It takes alot of practice, patients, and well, rebuilding. I have seen some people pick it up fast and be flying in just a month, others like myself took me over a year. And in that year a whole lot of crashing. The best thing to do especially with helis is try to find someone that knows how to fly them. They are a mechanical beast. There are alot of moving parts and if they all dont work right, it wont fly. If its not set right, it wont fly. 99% of your will fly out the box, will by a very skilled pilot but will need to be tweaked, balanced, tracked, and set properly still. I have test flown some of those RTF including name brand. I can say they all needed something adjusted. I am on my 3rd year of flying helicopters and still learning. As I stated, find someone that can help you. If you can't find anyone get a heli where you can get parts easily and a good set of training gear. Once you do this, go slow. It takes time to learn and in the end it will be worth it.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 AM
SHANMC33

I ordered art-techs corsair from hobby-lobby,3 days later i took my first flight,landing was rough ,but boy it flew. (joy) Now im after Parkzones T28 Trojan RTF gotta have it baby! Im driveing to memphis for this one. Tell me ,is there any other site other than hobby-lobby that i can trust?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:31 AM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: rotorbreaker

I agree with DOO. Buy stuff from our side of the country and help boost the economy not kill it. We're all gonna suffer if we do not patronize our local market.
what are you talking about the stuff is all made in china. even the high dollar stuff just a sticker the seller slaps on when they get from china
hobby king has for 5bones ps could this be pete from banana hobby??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48056.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1130232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33993.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1130233  
Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: Lithonion

I have had issues with alot of places.

The one I remember the most.... I had a plane from Hobby Lobby the ESC would overheat if you flew full throttle. After contacting customer support and them handing me over to the "TECH GUY" I was told, "Don't Fly at Full Throttle." And to them, this issue was over. This is not a fix. Another plane I got from them, I set it up excaclty like they recommended, purchased everything from them. The motor burnt up due to over voltage. I contacted the company first that made the motor. They asked me why I ran it on 3s, not rated for 3s only 2s. So I contacedHL telling them this via e-mail, and phone. They would say they would look into it and get back to me. Never did. I finally after 3 months emailed them again ticked saying it is not my fault but fault to them for this set up not working. They never responded, I stopped buying from them. That has been my worse as far as issues. I will never forget, "Don't Fly At Full Throttle" [sm=72_72.gif]

I do order from Hong Kong, just not planes, most of them dont get here in full formation...if ya know what I mean...lol I have ordered two planes from HC...both looked like they got kicked from the warehouse to the ocean...floated over, then kicked to my door. Other then that, they credited me and I still order alot from them.

I have had issues with Nitroplane, BP hobbies, Tower, Helidirect, and it goes on and on.

You guys might get a kick out of this one. I had a plane from Nitroplanes with no instructions. It had the face sheet, staples but the rest was gone. So I e-mailed them asking what the CG of this model was. They repsponded quickly with, "If you could send a picture of the missing part or broken part we would gladly replace it." so yes they wanted to help me. So I sent another e-mail going into detail about Center of Gravity ect, ect. That CG is not a part, its the place at which to balance the airplane. Again, very fast responce with, "We understand, sorry for any problems this may have caused, but we still dont know what piece or part your missing." This went on for awhile, I already had figured it out on a CG calc cause the plane was built by then, I was just trying to help educate them for future issues.

The only two places I can say never have done me wrong, Polk's Hobby, and EJF.

the kicked form the warehouse to ocean floated over now thats funny
why blame the store sounds like you need to blame the mailman shipper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiRK7...layer_embedded <<< is
from banana hobby lol come on would you buy from a place that would stock this not me

Name:	Rp43776.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1130321  
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Mykey 1

I agree with you, but I can't find anyone or at least as yet as I live in California city (God's Country). Thanks Mykey1.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
aerobob427

I also bought from Banana Hobby and willingly paid higher than competitors because of their "lifetime technical support" policy. When I had a problem, I tried calling the phone number on the web site twice during business hours during the week and no answer, no voicemail, no machine, no nothing. So I sent a question via email a week ago and have not gotten a response. I paid extra for this. No more banana for me.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:04 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

It would seem Pete has given up on this thread. Off to fish in new waters I guess. If you go to their web page and look to the right you will see a Forum Support link to another set of threads. You will see that even there there are a lot of problem posts. If you want to get their attention, go to the pages they themselves link and register your issues. Until they bleed those new customers and start over again anyway. I do enjoy popping my head in once in a while to tell my story and warn people not to use Banana Hobby at all. Thanks again for none of your help there Pete...
Old 02-08-2009, 08:24 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: SHANMC33

I ordered art-techs corsair from hobby-lobby,3 days later i took my first flight,landing was rough ,but boy it flew. (joy) Now im after Parkzones T28 Trojan RTF gotta have it baby! Im driveing to memphis for this one. Tell me ,is there any other site other than hobby-lobby that i can trust?
helidirect.com
helipal.com
horizonhobby.com
amainhobbies.com
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 AM
jhawk22

hey dude 7422 I don't think thats pete, I think I got candid on one of my 'bipolar saturdays'..
[:'(]

heh, www.hobbycity.com is pretty good, you just inlcude your own rx and crystal.. well, for me its a crystal..
cheers
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 AM
cam_pty

i just recived from banana after one month my HBKII... my surprise... my first flight after charge the battery, the battery become HOT!!!! almost burn, and the motor begins smell burn and smoke for all places...now, I have a barebone from U$150...
I very dissapointed with banana and his products..
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
jhawk22

Another one in the banana flavored web, its sad that so many new comers find banana as their first instinct because of a good looking website and are drailed from this great sport of fast paced reaction and coordination..

I hope everyone takes a visit to the Better Business Bureau's ( http://www.bbb.org/ )website everytime banana starts over, which is often.

cheers
Old 02-09-2009, 04:46 PM
dude7422

ok first why in the hek would you buy from a place the does not sell any parts and has (rc race horses)
these hobby grade rc are repairable but you need parts and just look at the way they wire the rc boats
photo is off there web site ONE OTHER THING EVERY TIME YOU POST THE NAME OF THE PLACE YOU
DISLIKE HELPS THEM TURN UP HIGHER ON THE SEARCH ENGINE SO DO NOT USE THE REAL NAME
THAT WAY YOU WILL NOT HELP THEM OUT CAP ARE FOR THE BLIND

Name:	Zx70557.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1131477  
Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 AM
waqas

i am waqas from lahore pakistan and agreed with u 100% that Banana Hobby very **** website and they very bad behaive with all coustomers even more time they d't bother to give any question answer or reply to any query we are 300 flyers to visit to this site
before 1 year but now all are hate this site and try to stop other coustomer that they d't purchase any thing to **** Banana Hobby I requested to all other members they try to avoid to visti **** site and totaly condumpt this site
Old 02-11-2009, 02:16 AM
waqas

i am waqas from lahore pakistan and agreed with u 100% that Banana Hobby very son of the ***** website and they very bad behaive with all coustomers even more time they d't bother to give any question answer or reply to any query we are 300 flyers to visit to this site
before 1 year but now all are hate this site and try to stop other coustomer that they d't purchase any thing to son of the ***** Banana Hobby I requested to all other members they try to avoid to visti son of the ***** site and totaly condumpt this site
Old 02-11-2009, 02:18 AM
waqas

i am waqas from lahore pakistan and agreed with u 100% that Banana Hobby very ***** website and they very bad behaive with all coustomers even more time they d't bother to give any question answer or reply to any query we are 300 flyers to visit to this site
before 1 year but now all are hate this site and try to stop other coustomer that they d't purchase any thing to ***** Banana Hobby I requested to all other members they try to avoid to visti ***** site and totaly condumpt this site
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Bugzilla

You only have to post one time. You don't have to reply individually. We can all read it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.