Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM
sanman55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

If you have read all of this thread and still want to order then you are lost... Over and over people have given them the benifit of doubt. and over and over they get the shaft... It seems that a lot of people just have to have it happen to them to believe. The story that broke the camels back for me was the one where this guy got a replacement transmitter.. The right stick did not work, so he opened up the case. He found dirt in the transmitter and the board was broke. On the outside was someones name scratched on the case..
It was plain to me that the guy got mad and threw the transmitter down on the ground. This was shipped as a replacement to the new customer. So if you want to throw your money away be my guest.. I really do not like being negative but after all I read on this thread and others it just blows my mind.......
Have fun[8D]
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: sean_connolly

Dear Pete,
Today, I was about to order a product from your company when I saw the shipping charges. I had called a few times and received a busy signal but after about 8 minutes, Mike had picked up. He informed me that the 40+ USD's were for shipping only and I assumed that I was not giving my money away for "handling". Mike was kind of a darsh and was not very polite, but I guess I obtained the information I needed. I was more calling to ensure that the company was real and if I needed to speak with someone else later down the road, it would be possible. I then began to search the internet via Google for possible promo codes to possibly lessen the shipping charges when I came upon this forum. I have read and followed this rollercoaster of cases and reactions on this forum and about 3/4 ths of the way through, I noticed the first change of events. I saw a new manager who was trying to change the face of his company one customer at a time. This was really the change I had been looking for. You were taking matters into your own hands and cared what people thought of your company. But here I am now, at the end of the thread, with you saying that you have nothing to prove and basically giving up on this forum. From a completely positive, very helpful attitude, to a negative one. That's not acceptable, especially from the customers vantage who might relate this attitude to your business ethics. But, ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say that that was you having a bad day. You can still turn things around like maverick said, "These people should learn that excellent customer service will bring the customer back again and again and go a long way towards forgiveness for their faults." Normally bad experiences make forums posts more than good so this is my ultimatum. I am one of these first time "suckers" as sanman depicts, but this is me, as a customer, giving you a chance to forward your company. When reading JakeRC1's post, I was eager to find out if his order would come through problem free, but he cancelled. I have not placed my order yet, but if you PM me or reply to this thread by tomorrow, that initiative, along with your word as the company manager that you will do everything in your power to deliver your product, it will be enough for me to put $260 worth of trust into Bananahobby. If you contact me, and I place an order, I will give you my word that I will post an un-bias response of shipping time, product quality & video review and any other aspects the customer seeks. This is also an opportunity for readers to see the process of an order from start to finish. It is up to you, Pete, if you want to stick your neck out again to the customer and show them trust (if you are not willing to bend over backwards for the customer like many successful companies today are willing to, then maybe these people have seen all they perceived of BananaHobby). So today, I will call and try to inform you of this.

Do not loose faith of your customer base.

-Sean Connolly

**UPDATE**
LOG:
4:20 pm Eastern time (1:20 pm P/Cali time) - call to BH (1-866-956-6877) - busy signal
4:34 pm E "" "" busy signal - I believe that BH would benefit from an answering service that put people on hold to speak with a representative rather than having a customer call and call again.
4:39 pm - reached voicemail saying all reps are currently busy, please hold "calling operator" - passed along to waiting commercials then call dropped.
4:44 pm - contacted Mike who said he would relay the message to Pete to tell him to check the forum as soon as he gets back in.
[/quote]

Sean, message has been relayed over to me. I will admit that the above message was posted by me yesterday. Monday, May 11th. I was have a terrible of a day. It sounds like it did transfer over to what I wrote. However, I am being completely honest here. I have literally worked my tail off to and continue to work my tail off each day here. There are thousands of happy customers each week that do not post here. As soon as there is a screw missing, and we don't respond immediately, bashing posts are started right away. This thread has been up since 2007. I took over Banana Hobby July 2008. I have personally turned this company 180 and made in my view leaps and bounds from where it use to be. Customers will always be happy and customers will always not be happy. To manage a company of this size, there is no way to make everyone happy. Although, to make each customer happy is my ultimate goal. I am still here. I am doing the job of 15 people here. I am not looking for sympathy. My point is in 8 months, I can only do so much. I can start a list to show what "use to be" to what "it is now" if you like. I can list everything and every department that has improved. I am actively posting daily over on the other forum site. I just do not have the time in one day to follow up on the 20 different forum based sites. I am upset over this because no matter what kind of changes I make, no matter how many problems I have resolved, even those customers still bash. I guess some where along the line I became not a human being. How much bashing do you think an individual can take? How much of my time and energy needs to be focused here to follow daily and answer all the bashing? Nothing has good has from this thread at all. When someone posts a good experience, they become "cheerleaders" or a "fake" user name that PETE made up to falsify fake good things about Banana Hobby. Sean, you have one post here. If it was to say that you had a great experience, I can guarantee you there will be many replies questioning your authenticity. Then you will get flamed so much that you will probably not post again. Welcome to the life of the Forums. The reason I said there is truth to what I wrote above is because I am so physically tired. All this progress and the same individuals continue to bring down what I have taken forward. All part of the business, I know. The majority of all the bad you read, take a look at the DATE of the original post. Like I said, I took over here in July of 2008. The growth from July 08 to now has been tremendous. I do not deny any customers the right to speak up. I just do not have the energy to type responses like the one I am typing here to you. I basically say the same things over and over again. Then to be degraded by the same bunch of users names here. I have a a Vendor Forum on the other board and I a visit that daily. I am in the process of hiring new personnel right now. The phone company is here working on our integrated phones as we speak. You guys spoke, and I listen. You wanted no constant ringing, so I spent the money on an integrated system. I have listened to all of you, with the good suggestions, and the straight criticisms. I take every thing to heart and use what is said to move forward. I have been taking all the bashing and just continue to turn the other cheek and give responses and resolutions. I never once denied the past. I have always stepped up to the plate to clean what was left for me to make it a better future. I have gone even as far as against our site policy and resolved issues that are rip off schemes in many people's views. There even has been posts started saying how easy it is to rip off Banana Hobby. Things like "I called and said my esc was defective in my EDF Jet and they sent me a replacement jet and I never purchased from Banana Hobby". How much of a dagger to the heart do you think I feel to read things like that. I hire new personnel and they are still green behind the gills and people take advantage of them. The line between right and wrong is no longer black and white in today's society. There are only shades of gray. I am only one individual in this hobby. I can assure you that I may be only one individual, I am the one that is here to make a difference. I am not a shop owner, or a business person. I am a pilot and hobbyist at heart. I am here to do the right thing and to do the best I can to help grow a hobby that I have been so very Blessed with from the first time my Dad showed me an airplane. This just so happens to have become my business and what feeds my family now. There is no way I am going to fail at this. I can't fail. There is just no way that I can satisfy every customer. I can only try and do my best. I know how to run my business. The knowledge is not missing from me. It is being able to get the right help here to assist me in making this a whole ball of wax. I can make personal promises, but I can't as one individual with a company that serves the entire globe, handle each issue personally. Although I can sure try. The past 8 months, not only have I been trying, I have been doing. It is just a shame that it has basically gone unseen. I am not going anywhere. I am also not going to spend the time, each time a customer doubts to type of what I have done so here. I will do so given the situation, but my job here is long and hard enough where I just can not post this each time. I have said the same thing here many many times all over the boards. Each time I personally write what I feel. I do not copy and paste nor do I have a secretary.

The whole don't buy from Banana Hobby has been done and the hurt has been inflicted. We live in America. This is the land of the Free and Home of the Brave. The Land of second chances and new beginnings. The land of Hope and the land of holding onto even the possibility of hope. I am just going to conclude with... I am Pete. I am Banana Hobby. I am here to serve you and to pay forward the Blessings of this hobby. I am not going anywhere and I will continue to run my business and do the very best that I can to make each and every experience great. I do not dodge from issues, I do not ignore any problems. I am one individual in the process moving Banana Hobby forward. Everyday is a new experience and a growing experience for me. With each day, I learn and with each day I go to sleep trying to figure out how to make this company better. It starts with customer support and product support. I am seeking the help to walk with me. This is not a process that can be made in weeks or months. We are 2 months into our new location and the phone systems are not even updated as of yet. I end the day Human just like you. I make mistakes, and I learn from them. Take what you all read here and make your own decision. My face is the face of Banana Hobby and it is all over the net. I do not hide behind a computer. I am not afraid of hard work and I am not falling. When I do, I get up and dust myself off and move on.

Best Regards Always,

Pete
Banana Hobby
Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

As long as we are dolling out our resumes, lets just run through the highlights of mine really quickly, and I will explain why in a minute. I will just start with 8 years USAF as an aircraft electro-environmental system technician. In a nut shell, if an aircraft had any system that utilized electricity or electronics from generation to control, I dealt with it. Next I became a commercial electrician, to foreman, to superintendent, and now quality control manager.
So why mention this? Well when my order came in, it was "missing a screw", the one piece that made it possible to attach the landing gear. Big deal right, I mean who needs to land anyway.
And more importantly, my ESC, the big, bad, high-tech esc that you felt was way over my simpleton head, was bad (i.e. aforementioned resume). I even offered to send the bad esc back, at my time and expense, to have it replaced, all of which was ignored after several emails from me. Ya Pete, got me some good ol' fashioned customer service there.
So as far as the "Add soundtrack here" speech that I sure had us all humming "America, America" to ourselves as we read, and read, and read it, I will speak up and tell my "no big deal, has nothing to complain about" story for the foreseeable future.
Best of luck with the new batch of recruits, and by the way, this is not the only board that has this opinion, even the boards you link to on your sight have less then stellar reviews, but hey, its most likely just them, too.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM
sanman55

Wow , what a speach...
Pete, it seems you are really trying but its hard to see sometimes.
I am not talking about people who complain that the plane does not perform or a bad servo that can be replaced for $7.. There will always be people like that... I see them at the local hobby store all the time... this plane does not fly... and they have never flown in their life.
I have asked how many people work there, none of my business, but I was just trying to get a handle on your operation. How many orders you have ,ect.
I am talking about orders charged that are sent months later. People not even getting what they ordered, broken or missing parts.
I even got a pm message from a lady who was very upset. Her husband had ordered a plane and it came, not even the plane they ordered, they called and tried to fax the info. They are still trying to get this right. They tried ME for help..
There will always be stupid customers who expect the plane to fly itself.
I am sorry if I am adding to your stress.. I just call they like I see them. I have called and written MANY good reviews of products I have ordered..Like hobbyzone, hobby lobby, tower hobbies, bp hobbies, grayson hobbies, tods hobby.
I also have called hobbylobby on some bad planes that I got from them..
I don't blame you not to listen to the nuts but my God...
I am retired and my budget is limited , I can't try hit or miss orders..
I sincerely feel your pain and the pain of others
I don't know the answer...when I see good I tell it and when I see bad I do the same.
If you believe in yourself then go for it,, do the best you can.. thats all anyone can ask.
Maybe this company is just too big ..
Don't stress.. its just a job.. with your skills you could probably go anywhere you want..so I guess you like all this stuff.
What I hear is I have so many problems to fix that there is not enough hours in the day.
If there are that many problems then something is not right..
good luck and keep on trucking
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: j301

As long as we are dolling out our resumes, lets just run through the highlights of mine really quickly, and I will explain why in a minute. I will just start with 8 years USAF as an aircraft electro-environmental system technician. In a nut shell, if an aircraft had any system that utilized electricity or electronics from generation to control, I dealt with it. Next I became a commercial electrician, to foreman, to superintendent, and now quality control manager.
So why mention this? Well when my order came in, it was "missing a screw", the one piece that made it possible to attach the landing gear. Big deal right, I mean who needs to land anyway.
And more importantly, my ESC, the big, bad, high-tech esc that you felt was way over my simpleton head, was bad (i.e. aforementioned resume). I even offered to send the bad esc back, at my time and expense, to have it replaced, all of which was ignored after several emails from me. Ya Pete, got me some good ol' fashioned customer service there.
So as far as the "Add soundtrack here" speech that I sure had us all humming "America, America" to ourselves as we read, and read, and read it, I will speak up and tell my "no big deal, has nothing to complain about" story for the foreseeable future.
Best of luck with the new batch of recruits, and by the way, this is not the only board that has this opinion, even the boards you link to on your sight have less then stellar reviews, but hey, its most likely just them, too.
Completely understood. From my stand point, I can not anticipate each customer having the experience that you have. I have to assume they don't know as much as the common hobbyist. Then on the same note, I don't mean to offend anyone by belittling them and making them feel less than competent. I don't know what and where we did leave off with the issue you have had and I have not viewed any back logs of your posts. However, I remember you from your user name. Your issue I believe was before I took over the company. I still tried to resolve it and it most likely is my fault for not being able to follow up due to not being able to handle my email and message loads from various forums. If it is fair to you, I will not leave any unresolved issues. If you still need an esc, please let me know. I am sincerely trying.

Pete
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: sanman55

Wow , what a speach...
Pete, it seems you are really trying but its hard to see sometimes.
I am not talking about people who complain that the plane does not perform or a bad servo that can be replaced for $7.. There will always be people like that... I see them at the local hobby store all the time... this plane does not fly... and they have never flown in their life.
I have asked how many people work there, none of my business, but I was just trying to get a handle on your operation. How many orders you have ,ect.
I am talking about orders charged that are sent months later. People not even getting what they ordered, broken or missing parts.
I even got a pm message from a lady who was very upset. Her husband had ordered a plane and it came, not even the plane they ordered, they called and tried to fax the info. They are still trying to get this right. They tried ME for help..
There will always be stupid customers who expect the plane to fly itself.
I am sorry if I am adding to your stress.. I just call they like I see them. I have called and written MANY good reviews of products I have ordered..Like hobbyzone, hobby lobby, tower hobbies, bp hobbies, grayson hobbies, tods hobby.
I also have called hobbylobby on some bad planes that I got from them..
I don't blame you not to listen to the nuts but my God...
I am retired and my budget is limited , I can't try hit or miss orders..
I sincerely feel your pain and the pain of others
I don't know the answer...when I see good I tell it and when I see bad I do the same.
If you believe in yourself then go for it,, do the best you can.. thats all anyone can ask.
Maybe this company is just too big ..
Don't stress.. its just a job.. with your skills you could probably go anywhere you want..so I guess you like all this stuff.
What I hear is I have so many problems to fix that there is not enough hours in the day.
If there are that many problems then something is not right..
good luck and keep on trucking

I sincerely appreciate what you have wrote. I am with you 100%. I know of the mixed up orders, missing parts, etc as you have mentioned. Those are all the areas I am concentrating on the most. I never just shine off a mixed up order and say it happens. I always try to get to the bottom of why and what happened. This is the reason why in the last 5 months there have been 3 change of personnel in the packaging and shipping department. I can not justify why things are mis shipped. I can only say good help is hard to find and I am weeding through to find some quality help. I know orders have been mixed up and I am personally in the mix there to prevent them from happening again. As for missing parts, or items arriving damaged, there are several factors that I have learned in the past months. One, especially with oversea orders, there have been more times than you can believe where a package was opened some where along the transit and actually USED then repacked and shipped. I thought too, naw, that can't happen... in fact, it has and it does. Along that line, parts or spare blades, manuals, etc are not put back in. Then the customer receives the item with broken blades or damaged. It becomes an extremely difficult situation from there. Customer calls and states my item arrived used and or damaged. It is so hard to decipher what customer is telling the truth or which customer has no flying or RC experience used the product and is calling us saying it is defective after they have used and crashed the item. There are so many areas that most people just do not see when running a company of this field. You name it, I am hearing it. It's like the dog ate my homework. Who do you believe and who do you not? In any case, I am trying to rough out the areas and continue to trek forward.

You taking the time to actually be civil and post a reply to me is really appreciated. I do not disclose how many employees I have currently, or how many sales we have in one day. The reason is those are logistics in running this business that should remain with us (the part about amount of sales). As for employees, we don't have enough and that is why we are still hiring. I assure you that once this roller coaster ride gets a bit smoother, and my new establishment more presentable, I will for sure post photos of my staff, and out warehouse. I am in this for the long haul guys. I am not going anywhere. I have such high expectations for my company and for my patrons. I am over joyed when I attend fun flies and even go to fly out of state, to see happy pilots at the field flying my products. That reward is seriously priceless. I am running Banana Hobby from my heart. I know it may not be evident often. It is due to me not being able to handle each area personally. All I can do is take steps forward and when I fall, get up, learn from it and move forward.

Thank you all for taking the time to read. Again, I am here and doing the best I can to follow these threads.

Pete
Old 05-13-2009, 01:34 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: sanman55

Yep, but you get the first timers who trust these people and don't want to read the threads. They say they can't keep up with all the threads but they all say the same thing. STAY AWAY FROM BANANA.............
I have still not seem pictures of the new warehouse, maybe they went from a honda civic to a hummer.. it can store more stuff.......

Mary has been trained to handle returns and so forth. Cool guys bash all you want. I have nothing to prove to any of you here. I am actually sick of sticking my neck out just to have it chopped off. I have only been here for 8 months. If you think a company can turn around after a move of this caliber, then think again. There have been bad experiences with customers in the past. I never denied that. I took over a mess of a company and continue to move forward to turn things around. Just because I have not posted photos of our new place does not mean anything. I constantly work 18 plus hour days to move this company forward. I don't even eat on many days. When my new warehouse is properly decorated and and set up, photos will be posted. For now, I am working on product and customer support. I am obviously not making any head way with this board. Bash away guys.

hey pete.
i shot you an e-mail a few months back on the protype blitzrcworks heli you were looking for a name for, you answered the next day.
now i still havent ordered the heli cause of this thread and 6 other forums i read daily that say their all haveing issues with quality and service.
now you said you have been there 8 months and are trying to make a difference, if this was so then there would have been no now complaints. but there are, every 15 minutes from all over this world i see atleast 5 new complaints. and its always on the same issues. parts that dont work or broken or just plain missing.
now if you check every item like YOU SAY YOU DO then this should NOT be happening. SEE THIS IS WHAT IS PISSING PEOPLE OFF. you say i do this i do that, but people say different.
pete bro, im not trying to make you sound fales or misleading, but something is not adding up.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY RC HELI AND RC PLANE PILOTS ARE OUT OF WORK AND WOULD GIVE THE FIRST BORN TO HAVE YOUR JOB.
im in michigan, if you`d offer a real salory to support me and my small familly, say in the 50,000 a year range id move out to where ever your company is in the (US) mind you and put in some real work on EVERY ORDER THAT LEFT YOUR WAREHOUSE. you can not tell people who have ordered in the last 8 months that their problems were before you got there.
PETE good help is hard to find, BUT IF YOU WANT TO PAY A CHILD 6 BUCKS AN HOUR TO HELP YOU, YOU WONT GET GOOD HELP.
if you have thousands of orders going out daily like you say you do, THEN PAY FOR SOME REAL HELP.
again man i know about cant please everyone, and people buying things and not properly going through the product to insure proper operation. ive done the same. but i did not blame the product unless it was the product.
i really hope you can get this sorted out, and are not just trying smooth things over on some and screwing others. i do know no matter what someone will buy from your company, these are the ones to make it right with. their word of mouth will spread faster than an advertizeing you can waste money on.

PS. Pete this is not a personal attack on you in anyway, from the youtube video`s to your postings you seem to be a pretty decent man.
if your buying a 100 units of a product that your selling to the public for 500 dollar`s then im sure your only paying say 35 to 125 dollars per unit.
and if its this cheap purchace price from the manufacture thats causeing the bad name your company is getting. then why not find a better product that cost`s alittle more on the front end but will save money on the back end.
drop your profet margin, cause the more you sell the more you`ll make. the profit will still be there
Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
sean_connolly

j301, it is hard to see your arguement when you are flaming other users. There are other ways to get your point across and still retain respect to other members on RCuniverse. I do understand you are upset, which you have the right to be, but it seems to me that you are upset about the respect you have not recieved from BH regarding their customer support, not the missing screw or the esc as surely, with your respectable resume you could easily afford to replace at your LHS. Regardless of fourm ethics and the bashing, Pete still is trying to help you and giving you unmatched respect.
As for BH customer support, Pete should probably be aiming at hiring & training people more like himself with ambitions to forward the company, not saying that he is not already doing /has done this, but people should not have to be seeking out Pete as an individual to solve their problems.
As for Pete, you are doing a extraordinary job handling these outstanding issues along with tackling new problems, which is unfortunate that you had to take control of a downhill company and pull extra weight (ie outstanding issues) initially. Who knows how you would have done from the ground up. Anyways keep up the good work, I am sure there will be easier times.
As for me, I am going to go ahead and place an order for the [link=http://www.bananahobby.com/1574.html]101.5" Glider[/link] and keep a log of my order process. The total comes out to be $260.26. My reasons for going through with this purchase other than the ultimatum that I listed earler, is that I can not find an equal product (RTF, brushless, etc.) in my eyes elsewhere and I do not get the vibe that BH is trying to rip me off like many other users describe. I also have an excellent credit card company who makes it very easy to dispute charges if something were to go horribly wrong.
To the readers, I assure you that this transaction will be recorded with an un-bias point enabling you to deduce your own opinion. Pete said he is the face of his company, lets see if his company represents the initiative Pete has shown.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:39 PM
BananaHobby

j301, it is hard to see your arguement when you are flaming other users. There are other ways to get your point across and still retain respect to other members on RCuniverse. I do understand you are upset, which you have the right to be, but it seems to me that you are upset about the respect you have not recieved from BH regarding their customer support, not the missing screw or the esc as surely, with your respectable resume you could easily afford to replace at your LHS. Regardless of fourm ethics and the bashing, Pete still is trying to help you and giving you unmatched respect.
As for BH customer support, Pete should probably be aiming at hiring & training people more like himself with ambitions to forward the company, not saying that he is not already doing /has done this, but people should not have to be seeking out Pete as an individual to solve their problems.
As for Pete, you are doing a extraordinary job handling these outstanding issues along with tackling new problems, which is unfortunate that you had to take control of a downhill company and pull extra weight (ie outstanding issues) initially. Who knows how you would have done from the ground up. Anyways keep up the good work, I am sure there will be easier times.
As for me, I am going to go ahead and place an order for the [link=http://www.bananahobby.com/1574.html]101.5" Glider[/link] and keep a log of my order process. The total comes out to be $260.26. My reasons for going through with this purchase other than the ultimatum that I listed earler, is that I can not find an equal product (RTF, brushless, etc.) in my eyes elsewhere and I do not get the vibe that BH is trying to rip me off like many other users describe. I also have an excellent credit card company who makes it very easy to dispute charges if something were to go horribly wrong.
To the readers, I assure you that this transaction will be recorded with an un-bias point enabling you to deduce your own opinion. Pete said he is the face of his company, lets see if his company represents the initiative Pete has shown.

Sean,

Thank you for your trust in my company and I. Thank you for taking a vote of confidence. I will continue to offer my services the best I can. I hope you will enjoy your purchase and happy flying!

Pete
Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 PM
j301
My Feedback: (12)

If you take a look back through this forum, you will see I tried and tried to get in touch with Pete (and for every post you can see there will be an IM you can't) I was always cordial and respectful, and at first he did somewhat answer about the esc, and nothing to the model specific part that was required to affix the nose gear to the airframe that I tried to order, tried to go to other sites to find, tried all three local hobby shops, and was not able to find anything that would work in its place. It is not only the money, it is the principal. Can you tell me if you took your car to a $50 car wash and it came back with fingerprints on the dash and windshield you would say nothing? Would you pay another $20 to have them removed? How about a $250 car wash, the price of a "receiver ready" rc plane? Ever price a 60 amp ESC? (which I did end up buying) By the way, having a wife and son in collage, no there is not a lot of money to throw around and every little purchase in a hobby has to be accounted for. Then to have to read how we are complaining over nothing, yes that touched a nerve. How about the "flaming" I got when I was told that programming an esc must be something I just cant understand? And lastly, indeed the point of this particular board is to report our experiences with BH. Pete put himself out there as the customer service rep, I (and others) did not "seek him out" to "solve all our problems", and to that end, Pete had stopped returning my emails long ago. My beef isn't aimed at Pete as an individual, he seems to be an OK guy from his videos, it is at a professional employee of a consumer related business. Perhaps before accusing someone of "flaming", one might ask "who struck the match?"
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 PM
bad400

the problem here is bh is no different than say xheli/radientech/nitrorcx/nitroplanes.
the way they see it they got your money thats all that counts. even if you dont buy from them again there will be 100 more today that will.
87 out of those 100 will get a bad product, 25 of those 87 will get good service and get thier issues resolved. the rest are on their own.
with that percentage they can claim their trying to resolve these issue`s and get away with it.
theres just to many uninformed people out there that they count on to stay in business, with these odd`s nothing will ever happen to make them change their tactic`s.
now if eveyone who has been scamed by these companies will band together and open a criminal and civil/class action lawsute with a real headhunting lawyer, we may stand a chance to get a true ending to this never ending story.

i am guesstamateing here but i would say 1 out of ever 27 post`s i have read were of someone getting good service, i dont like those odd`s.
this is why after a year of following 6 differenet forums on bh and their products, ive chaose to stay away.
and you know what that sucks for them, cause ive had 9 heli`s at one time that they could have made and continued to make money off of if id purchesed them from bh.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: bad400

the problem here is bh is no different than say xheli/radientech/nitrorcx/nitroplanes.
the way they see it they got your money thats all that counts. even if you dont buy from them again there will be 100 more today that will.
87 out of those 100 will get a bad product, 25 of those 87 will get good service and get thier issues resolved. the rest are on their own.
with that percentage they can claim their trying to resolve these issue`s and get away with it.
theres just to many uninformed people out there that they count on to stay in business, with these odd`s nothing will ever happen to make them change their tactic`s.
now if eveyone who has been scamed by these companies will band together and open a criminal and civil/class action lawsute with a real headhunting lawyer, we may stand a chance to get a true ending to this never ending story.

i am guesstamateing here but i would say 1 out of ever 27 post`s i have read were of someone getting good service, i dont like those odd`s.
this is why after a year of following 6 differenet forums on bh and their products, ive chaose to stay away.
and you know what that sucks for them, cause ive had 9 heli`s at one time that they could have made and continued to make money off of if id purchesed them from bh.

That's just the thing. We have thousands of completely happy customers. They DON'T post. They good always goes unseen and unheard. Its life. As soon as the slightest thing goes wrong, threads start. There is no such thing as odds in this. In any case, thank you for your input and I am here always provide the best service I personally can.

Pete
Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: BananaHobby

ORIGINAL: bad400

That's just the thing. We have thousands of completely happy customers. They DON'T post. They good always goes unseen and unheard. Its life. As soon as the slightest thing goes wrong, threads start. There is no such thing as odds in this. In any case, thank you for your input and I am here always provide the best service I personally can.

Pete
Pete
hey man i dont know if you read my post #381, im not trying to ruffle your feathers or launch a personal attack.
im only stateing my own views on what i have read. if you have read that post then you know i am agreeing with you on many level`s.
maybe not on all, but on a few.
theres still alot of misimformation all over the net, and will say as a man if your truelly trying your best i will give you a hand shake and say good luck.. you have a huge mountain to climb bro, and i truelly hope you make it to the top. it looks better from up there looking down instead of being on the bottom looking up.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Twiztidguy

I purchased the EF 2000 from banana hobby on the 9th of may. On the 12th i was told that it was actually out of stock that the item WILLBEINONTHE20th ANDSHIPPEDon the 20th. On the 20th It wasnt shipped so i asked what the hold up was. They said it will be shipped on the 21'st. On the 21st i contacted them because my order was still saying "manifest pickup." I also asked them if my tracking info may be wrong. They confirmed it was correct and told me it would ship first thing tomarrow. They also claimed that the item just came in the night before. Well now i cant get ahold of anyone because they are off on the weekend. My order still currently says manifest pick-up. I dont see how you could have a day off when your customers arent being taken care of! This is what i wrote yesterday:

I ordered this plane on the 9th. I was told that it wasnt in stock. It would be in on the 20th and shipped on the 20th. Then i was told it would be shipped on the 21st. Then yesterday I contacted you and you told me it would be shipped today (yesterday) Also you said my tracking number (which is up at the top of email) was correct. Well now its the 23rd and it still says the same "Manifest pickup" If the order isnt going to be shipped todays, please contact me. Id rather cancel my order and get it from somewhere that is going to ship out my item. Ive spent way too much time at the keyboard trying to make sure this (Payed for) item gets shipped. I'm beginning to think this site is a scam. Please contact me.
Thank you,
Matthew

Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Twiztidguy

OHTHISSITEJUSTKEEPSGETTINGBETTERANDBETTER! I waited all weekend to talk with support... It said nothing about memorial day. Guess what.... they just posted closed memorial day. ONFRIEKENMEMORIALDAY.
Very professional huh? Bunch of pot smokers probably working out of a 2 story durrito bag.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

I'm sorry to say that I just had a terrible experience with BananaHobby. I'm sort of new to the hobby so when I receive a product that wont initialize and that has colored wires attached on the wrong colored posts, its reasonable to NEED some support. I phoned and emailed repeatedly. I was told that Sy was the guy to help me out but I never heard from him. Ever. Not even three weeks later when I wrote to say "never mind" and expressed my dissatisfaction.

Message to Pete (BananaHobby representative posting at RCU), I understand that you're trying but you aren't going to get any sympathy from me. Part of the deal about earning your profit margin is supporting "dead on arrival" products and other issues. You didn't fulfill that. So I'm dissatisfied. -Mick Van Kampen
Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
bad400

ORIGINAL: mickvk

I'm sorry to say that I just had a terrible experience with BananaHobby. I'm sort of new to the hobby so when I receive a product that wont initialize and that has colored wires attached on the wrong colored posts, its reasonable to NEED some support. I phoned and emailed repeatedly. I was told that Sy was the guy to help me out but I never heard from him. Ever. Not even three weeks later when I wrote to say "never mind" and expressed my dissatisfaction.

Message to Pete (BananaHobby representative posting at RCU), I understand that you're trying but you aren't going to get any sympathy from me. Part of the deal about earning your profit margin is supporting "dead on arrival" products and other issues. You didn't fulfill that. So I'm dissatisfied. -Mick Van Kampen
thats just it, pete CLAIMShes a one man band trying to be a pipe piper. that he personal checks every order this is why they take so long on getting them shipped.
but when people are steadly getcrappy products from them andno support and just plainripped off, im seriously doubting his statements to betrue.i think he comes on here to spin a few tales just to suck in some more unsuspecting newbie and laugh`s all the way to the bank.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:43 AM
HarleyDave

I don't know guys. One guy on HeliFreak ordered a heli from BH and when he recieved it there was only one main blade and a cracked canopy. The dude claims there was even a dead mouse in the package ? Weird....

Dave

Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Tigz

<title id="ridTitle">Blank</title><base href="file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\"></base><style><! body { font-family: Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000; margin-top: 25px; margin-left: 25px; } P.msoNormal, LI.msoNormal { font-family: Helvetica, "Times New Roman"; font-size: 10pt; margin-top: 0px; margin-left: 0px; color: "#ffffcc"; } ></style>
Pete seems to talk a great story.

I watched a load of his Videos and drooled over the wares on his web page, and after much procrastination I finally decided on which product I wanted and ordered from their page.

I got somewhat uncomfortable when it took more that 24 hours to get confirmation of my order, something that seems to only take seconds anywhere else. Although it only took seconds for my money to move out of my bank account! But more than another 24 hours passed and I had a scheduled delivery date and a UPS tracking number... perfectly normal right? my box is in da mail!!!

Well, 9:30pm on the scheduled delivery date and still no UPS, still no box.... Ok, so I get on the computer and write, cut & paste and mail all the info I had asking where's my heli? another 24+hour wait and I get....

Customer,

I am sorry but this order was on back order due to the popularity we did not have enough to keep up with the demand. We have gotten new ones in and will be sending out your package shortly. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Brandon
Sales Rep.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I say "SHORTLY" it usually means in a few minutes or at most, by the end of the day??

So, after waiting 4 more days and reading through all 16 pages of this thread and going through the roller coaster ride of what did I get myself into... to Pete's trying to fix this... to Pete's being picked on... to let's ask Pete....... I wrote to Pete very early this morning. An hour or so ago I got back from "Carrie":

Dear Sir or Madam,                              

Thank you for purchasing an order with Banana Hobby.  We appreciate your business and value you as a customer greatly. However, I am writing to inform you that unfortunately, the item you have order is currently out of stock:-

The next scheduled shipping date is 6/30/2009. If you could please let us know at your earliest convenience, whether you would like to wait for the particular item, change your order to another item, or cancel your order, it would be most appreciated.  Thank you for your time and Banana Hobby apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Sincerely,
Banana Hobby
Customer Support

to which I replied:

I was given a UPS delivery date of June 1st, (I have copies of the original confirmation page and tracking page before you folks changed it) and then Brandon said:

Customer,

I am sorry but this order was on back order due to the popularity we did not have enough to keep up with the demand. We have gotten new ones in and will be sending out your package shortly. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Brandon
Sales Rep.

and now you are telling me something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT? Does anyone at Banana Hobby have any idea what they are doing? How do you folks stay in business treating people, and their hard earned monies this way?

I have apparently been lied to at least twice now. As much as I really want what I ordered, My ethics are screaming at me that you folks are NOT the people I want to continue to do business with. Please at YOUR earliest convenience refund my monies.

You know, the fact that you accepted my money for something you apparently never had to sell really, really disturbs me. You DON'T want to know how I feel about being LIED to!

So, this is the short history of my dealings and frustration with Banana Hobbys.

Pete, I can only assume from what you've written here that you WANT your business to grow and succeed, but your support people are doing you a grave injustice. If I ever see my money again you will never hear from me or my friends and fellow club members on your web page again. You have lost a lot of customers I was refering to you! Your 100% satisfaction gurantee is not worth the cyber-space it takes up sir.

A 100% DisSatisfied FORMER Customer
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
tippytoe

I ordered a simple 3-channel heli for a little fun indoors about a year ago.Parts of the tx. appeared to be melted! I'm pretty sure it was used. Look,Banana boys,,,your videos are nice ,but do us a big favor. Get out of the hobby business, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:01 PM
jhawk22

You can be sure by now they have a different NAME possibly with a different ADDRESS! Let's all do ourselves a big favor and keep with the respecable businesses or at least let us all know when somone pulls some funny business.

cheers,
(all that have nothin to do with these bananawama folk)
Old 06-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Lonest@r

Pete / BananaHobby, I have one for you to look at.  Similar to PeskyBobcat, wife bought as B-day present, when opened it was discovered to be damaged.  Immediately reviewed return/warranty policy and sent pics.  Online chat to confirm RMA request and was told unable to return/exchange due to strict 30-day policy. I can forward pics and chat log directly to you.  I am trying to remain positive as it seems you are trying to improve customer service at BH, although it is frustrating opening a broken gift on my B-day and unable to return it.    

yhst-39858413893234-47972

Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
harleydoberman

ibought the a10 from banana hobbies retracts terrible run time 4 minutes they claim 10mins im very disapointed first time last time rj
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
sanman55

I see now that he has another thread going about a swep wing plane,, its like it started here..All the hype on the plane and everyone wanting one.. Then questions start... I just don't understand Pete.. He comes off really nice and helpful..But then the orders are not delivered or broken or backordered. I think he is the only one that speaks english.. I have notice that people that speak english might not understand english.. You ask then what time it is and they say yes its a watch.......
When will you learn.. DO NOT BUY FROM BANANA... I try not to buy from people who charge your card and then say its backordered.
I wish Pete the best, I really do... but he needs to go to someone else.. I noticed lately that he speaks like it is his company.???
I have had luck with nitroplanes, even though I have heard other bad storys about them..
Maybe some time in the far future he can get things under control.. They have been moving and hireing for a year and still not much improvement. I love these planes too but will get them somewhere else.....
Its the old adage ,, buyer beware....good luck to all
Old 06-27-2009, 12:00 PM
dude7422

to all the boobs thinking of buying anything from bh this is you lol and petie
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.