Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Old 01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
sanman55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Banana Hobby

Wow , thats what I kind of figured out..Not many to handle all that work...I know when I get hobby lobby catalog..they show their place and a group picture of workers..When they moved to their new location Pete said he would post pictures of the place ect..Never saw anything.
Can't wait for the rest of the story..
This ought to tell all that doubt the problems..I have been watching for over a year and have seen a lot of talk but very little improvement..Thats a shame cause I would buy their stuff if I could trust them...
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
ITConsult

I've had nothing but headaches from this scam company. They sent me a damaged product, so I asked for an exchange. The crappy replacement is a cheap knock-off like the ones they sell at the markets in Shanghai for $5 (anyone want to set up a competitor business?). The replacement was missing several parts and I have repeatedly asked them to send them to me. They never answer my emails and their online chat support tell me repeatedly that they have been sent out in the mail. I had UPS and USPS investigate into the 'lost parcels' and they have determined that Banana Hobby is creating shipping documents to produce tracking numbers and then never shipping the products.

Their customer service team is the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. I have placed several complaints with the BBB and their response to my complaints are catty and very unprofessional. This is propably a defense mechanism as I reported to the BBB and The Attorney General and several consumer reporting agencies that not only were they unprofessional and were with holding merchandise which I have paid for, but they were also passing along fake information about  the UPS and USPS (government agency, not a good idea!!).

I would recommend to anyone who wanted to endure months of headaches from dealing with incompetent, morons with the social responsibility of an insect to buy from Banana Hobby. Anyone wanting to purchase a quality product LOOK ELSEWHERE!!! 
Old 01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
DreamHeliProducts

Nicely said!!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:12 PM
LaserSVT

Well here it is over 2 months after I tried to order my spare parts for my Shark 450 Heli. I have spent over 18 hours on Live Chat and another 5 hours on hold and still have not gotten the parts nor will I ever get them. Banana has lied to me so many times I have lost track. I filed a disput with Pay Pal and then BH gave them a bogus tracking number. Two weeks latter the part ships and its the wrong part.... again. PP closed the dispute in BH favor even though I still never got the part. BH prommised me on 7 more occasions the part was sent but it was not. Then Pete contacted me and said he drove to a different shop and shipped the part to me but then the next day in an open forum http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1169602&page=6 said he would take the part off his own helicopter and send it to me. So yet another lie. Then the very next day tells me I wont get anything from them. I had also filed with the BBB and once again BH lied some more and flat out said I would never get the part or a refund from them.

They are evil and Pete is a pathalogical liar which is why all his workers are too.

Here is some funny reading, this is their live chat thread and shows only a few of my live chats and proves they lied time and time again.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1159939

I sold the helicopter and got out of the performance heli hobby as a result of BH service. It is no longer about the part or money, heck it was only a $10 part. Its now about principal and every day I will use their live chat and screw with them as they have screwed with me.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 AM
gmackaone

sorry guys been sick now i'm well is there a better time where everybody is on line where I can say all this ?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 AM
sanman55

sorry you have been sick, I was wandering where you were... Let us have it..anytime is good.. I car hardly wait to hear it all......
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Boin

Can some one get to the bottom of the BH issue are they for real or not [X(]

Old 02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
gmackaone

Ok the thing about banana hobby is when I was there me my wife dan and carry and there uncle in shipping along with baby.I have nothing bad to say about there uncle he shipped whatever was put out in front of him , when a customer don't get his order on time is because the newly ordered toy is still on the dam boat comming from china !! They say it's instock but noway it's being made still! Or being back doored!!!!!!! They made me give all kinds of excuses whey they have been charged and they item not shipped!!!!!!! man I did'nt like doing that at all!!!! And back when I said they nearly lost there biz is because of Un-resolved charge backs and disputes by customers they became high risk to card company almost coulnt pay me !!!! getting big to fast without a plane on who is doing what ,I did everything ,emails,phones,orders,vacumming the floors clockin at 9am leave 11-12 at night I nearly lived there!!! And for them to betray me and lie to a judge saying they got ride of me for not speacking chinese!! now will you trust them now!!! more luck in vegas!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
gmackaone

Ok the thing about banana hobby is when I was there me my wife dan and carry and there uncle in shipping along with baby.I have nothing bad to say about there uncle he shipped whatever was put out in front of him , when a customer don't get his order on time is because the newly ordered toy is still on the dam boat comming from china !! They say it's in stock but noway it's being made still! Or being back doored!!!!!!! They made me give all kinds of excuses whey they have been charged and they item not shipped!!!!!!! man I did'nt like doing that at all!!!! And back when I said they nearly lost there biz is because of Un-resolved charge backs and disputes by customers they became high risk to card company almost couln't pay me !!!! getting big to fast without a plane on who is doing what ,I did everything ,emails,phones,orders,vacumming the floors clock in at 9am leave 11-12 at night I nearly lived there!!! And for them to betray me and lie to a judge saying they got ride of me for not speaking chinese!! now will you trust them now!!! more luck in vagas!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM
gmackaone

time to fly!!!!!!!!!!
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jh15791.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	1371840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76927.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1371841  
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
gmackaone

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWSTJVwOL-U[/youtube] ya thats me withs0002
Old 02-04-2010, 10:18 PM
liquid1

Ok my wife just ordered me a new f18 plane did we get ripped off..Its been on order for a week still not shipped out..7 days..Over a $250.00 trans action I'm starting to get worried..Where else can I get the 4 CH 2.4 ghz Art-Tech F/A 18 Hornet 3D...It looks like a sweeet plane..Anyone with info..
Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 PM
gmackaone

TRY HOBBY LOBBY
Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
gmackaone

CHECK TRACKING SEE IF IT HAS MOVED? iF NOT, lEAVE EMAIL STATING THE ORDER TAKES ONLY TAKES 1 DAY SHIPPING PREP,AND YOU NO LONGER NEED THE ORDER CHARGE BACK OR CALL YOUR BANK TO STOP PAYMENT AND HOPFULLY YOU BANK CAN WAVE THE FEE IF ANY. AND I CAN FIND THE BIRD FOR YOU IF YOU DON'T MIND I HAVE FRIENDS THAT IMPORT THE GOODIES!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
Stealthjet

Pete is the owner of Banana Hobby,,,,
Old 02-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Stealthjet

did you try nitro planes
Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 AM
gmackaone

Really? not a wise decision taking over a company with a really bad reputation! A dying mans last request to get a nice copter to fly and got skyartec junk and they would not replace or pay for the shipping back knowing the batch was alll messed up and being sent back by everyone the factory sent defective helicopters they didnt care!!!!!!! This man just wanted to have fun, Before his departure!!!!! Now that sucked hard, I lost respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:27 AM
gmackaone

And for reference owners of raidentech and Banana hobby are cousins !
Old 02-07-2010, 04:38 PM
liquid1

Thanks folks..I cancelled the order at Bannahobbies ..Told them after 8 days and status of In Processing and not shipped yet was Not my Idea of
good service..So I ordered this. A trainer plane which is more what I need just starting out..I got my King 3 from Xheli within days of ordering and great service..
What really Sucks is the Plane was suppose to be a Surprise to me as a present we never got a status until after several Emails and Phone calls which was not answered for
several days trying..Thankfully we went trough paypal and got an instant refund and ordered this plane the same day..Bannana has alot of Issues to work trough and someday they might be the greatest hobby shop around and wish them the Best..But for Now I ordered a E-Flite Apprentice from another Vendor..
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 AM
gmackaone

How long have you been flying for if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Chash

HORIZON HOBBY ROCKS ,HAD TROULE DX-7 SO I SENT IT TO THEM ALONG WITH 3 AR-6100 TO CHECK OUT ONE WITH BROKEN ANTENNA ,SO THEY REPAIRED DX-7 FIT ANTENNA GAVE ME A NEW AR-6110 UPDATED FIRMWARE ON THE OTHER TWO SENT BACK IN 7 DAYS , WHAT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH .I'LL BE BUY MY NEXT ITEM WITH THEM
GOOD GOING HORIZON HOBBY
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM
liquid1

[sm=frown.gif]
Old 02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
liquid1

ORIGINAL: gmackaone

How long have you been flying for if you dont mind me asking?
..I been Flying Heli's for 2 years..Driving Nitro trucks for 4.5 years..Driving rc boats 4 years..I have never flown a plane ever..[sm=wink_smile.gif] Which is why I bought a Trainer plane..
Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 AM
gmackaone

It's great! You know something, There is a plane called "air earl"It's cool jet it takes ni cad batt costs about $39-$45 bucks takes off from the ground and everything. Fun to fly, Even better when you put a lipo batt in! well got to change the gear on my king 3 so I can get out there myself .I hope for a calm day tomorrow !

My son looks like hes ready to fly!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32842.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1376958  
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
mooseflyer

Well, after reading many bad reviews about BH, I decided to get one of their pitts anyways...just to see what would happen. I actually had a relatively good experience compared to many others. I got the plane in about a week and a half, which is rather slow, but i've seen worse! The plane was in pretty good shape. The horizontal stab was broke loose from the fuse, but I just fixed it with a little foam-safe CA. For added strength, I put some cables between the vertical and horizontal stabs. The problem with the tight battery fit was fixed by removing the little block of foam at the very bottom of the battery compartment. And yes, it still fits tight. Shouldn't have to worry about movement during flight. I almost broke it trying to get the battery in before figuring this out. I did contact them via phone and live chat. It required a modest amount of patience, but I got through none the less. They actually seemed quite concerned with my problems. Everything else seems to work, so far. We'll see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.