Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

blade cx2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
eaglesfn68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade cx2 problems

ok so i got a blade cx2 a couple weeks ago witht he ping-pong ball trainer. I can get it to hover, spin, and go left and right put when i try to move the heli forward or backward it doesnt do much. I've tried fixing the elevator trim all the way up and down but nothing happens. is it something im doing or could something be broke.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
thermal7

Default RE: blade cx2 problems

The heli should move forward when you push the stick forward. When you say its not doing much, is it moving forward at all? These heli's aren't going to move out real fast and in the wind you will be fighting the breeze to keep it just in front of you...they kinda move around slowly. At least thats how my Blade CX flies...you should be able to move slowly in all directions...If you adjust the ball link and linkage on the blades, you can probably get more throw and it would move faster but be careful cause if you get too much, you will encounter blade strikes...thats when the top rotor strikes the bottom rotor and you will crash...any nicks at all on the blades you will need to replace them...just a few tips...I got bored with my CX so now fly a Falcon 3D...its a good step up when you are ready...about 225 from KA-PLANES.COM and its RTF out of the box like the CX2 including everything you need...Good luck flying your CX2...its a really cool heli to fly to get started...just don't count on doing any fast forward flight or you will encounter problems...Ralph
Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 AM
mrasmm

You might also try leaving the heli on the ground and with the throttle at 0 move the collective (the right stick) around, notice if it moves forwards or backwards as much as it does left or right, or if it moves at all. Come back and post what you find =)
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM
eaglesfn68

the collective does move its exactly what thermal7 said. it moves forward and backward but very slowly like he said it would. i thought it would be more responsive.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Steve Steinbring

Eagles,

I had the same problem with my CX2 very little pitch control. The problem is that the upper rotor blade by design negates the control imputs of the lower dampening control imputs.

I posted the problem on the General Helicopter forem. Onan a member came to the rescue suggesting this link for setting up and modifying the CX2. Its a great link solves alot of problems and answers many questions.

http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/in..._and_CX2_Setup

I just completed doing some modifications and it has really improved the aircraft. Increased the pitch and roll sensitivity. That was done by removing the brass weights in the flybar. I am going to further modify the flybar as soon as I can get parts at the hobbyshop.

The link further addresses other problems like cooling. I vented the cockpit area as suggested.

Take the time to trim the aircraft well it will pay dividends. The CX2 will fly in a hover essentially hands free once adjusted right. Definately do the linkage adjustments to center the trim slides, that way slight trim adjustments can be made as required as power available changes as battery power decreases.

Drilling the cockpit canopy shell to allow pot adjustments from the outside on the proportional mix is a plus.

Good Flying!