Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Axe CP

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Axe CP

I have an Axe Cp, and I was wondering if it is a good first helicopter? I was thinking of getting a T-Rex 450SA instead, but I'm not sure if I should get it or not.

My hovering skills are getting better, but I still can't keep it "inside the circle".
Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 AM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Axe CP

it all depends what you think a good starting heli means. The axe is affordable and kinda small, so those are the plusses most people are after. The Trex is gona be easier to fly than the AXE just because it's bigger and thus more stable. If you can learn to fly your Axe you will just be that much better of a pilot when you move up to something bigger
Old 08-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Heliko

The Axe CP was my first heli unless you count the Walkera 22D I had that really never flew. Anyway the Axe can be a very stable flyer. [link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/R56LL9BCJBXGNS89]Here's a vid[/link] I made a while back with some in ground effect hovering to show the Axe's stability since IGE hovering is suppose to be more difficult the OGE hovering.

There is a couple of things you can do to the Axe to make it more stable. Balance the blades and make sure the flybar is balanced too. I remove and balance the whole rotorhead with a modified Heli-max balancer. Also make sure it is tracking correctly. Adding 1/16" wheel collars to the flybar also helps. Doing these few things can make a night and day difference in stability.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM
dude54325
Banned

The Felcon 3D is the best value. It is the same size as the trex but much more afordable. Heres a good one on ebay. Check it out. It looks to be in great condition and it has a bunch of extras!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=005
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM
TG1200

I got the AxeCp three weeks ago as my first heli. All is good so far have gotten ok with the tail in Hovers. I experimented today and took off the training gear.. WOW!!! what a

difference it made. The Heli was soooo much more stable and controllable in the hover. It will go back on for my side hovers thought....

I have also been using RealFlight a little as well but, I usually get bored and attempt 3D stuff that I cant do in real life...

Now I sit waiting for my battery to re-charge.. Cant wait till that $50 rebate gets here so I can buy some goodies for my new favorite toy....
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I'm able to hold the heli in place for a few seconds with the raining gear on. Should I take the training gear off? I don't want to damage my heli, or break it.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
TG1200

It definitly seems to help with my control. Today without the gear I was able to keep it within a 4-5' circle non-stop for pretty much the entire battery. With the gear on I was able to hold it in the circle but it seemed to get away from me more often...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:24 AM
clutchbob

I have also been using RealFlight a little as well but, I usually get bored and attempt 3D stuff that I cant do in real life...
I ran only the Heli Orientation Training portion in all upright orientations of the G3.5 over and over again until it was fairly easy (about two weeks, as time allowed).
I'm hovering my real heli now, in all upright orientations. Flying circuits, loops and rolls.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
TG1200

DOH!!! a month into it finally happend.. Was doing some hovering and pirrouettes then WHAM!! Lawn mower time.. Anyways I broke a few things and am going to buy some parts. I figure while I am at it I should stock up on some spares..

What parts do you guys seem to go through the most?