RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

blades wont spin on my heli

Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Mark Snell

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default blades wont spin on my heli

Please can someone help

just bought my first helicopter (raptor G2) being new to this i didnt bother reading all the instructions duh! consequently i turned on the receiver before the transmitter. this resulted in nothing working so i THEN read the manual. So this time i turned it on in the correct sequence everything worked except for the throttle the blades would not spin so i started to mess with the switches and nothing. Suddenly the blades started to spin, as i wasnt expecting this it shocked me a little and my first instinct was to pull down on the left stick, to which accelerated the blades to full speed and started to take off i then pushed forward on the stick and it stopped. so now i kind of have it working (even though the throttle was reversed) so i tried a test flight
but it wouldnt take of at full throttle, only when i slowed it down would it suddenly lift off and crash. well now the blades wont spin at all again all other systems seem ok and theres no visual damage or loose wires
thanks in advance for any help
Old 12-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Navy_1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: blades wont spin on my heli

Check your Batt in your radio and reciver. make sure your ant is fully extended. check the ant on the Helo. look for things that can interfear with the singel .i.e. High power power lines radio towers ect. i am new to R/C helo's also, but i have been flying fixed wing and raceing cars for years thes are a few of the first checks to do. also you might have a bad radio or reciver you said you got a little shock you could of fried the reciver. i hope this helps
Old 12-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Big feet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: blades wont spin on my heli

Hi,
If the heli lifted when you closed the throttle (after you had it working the right way) then the collective servo is reversed.
When you give it throttle the front edge of the main blades should go upwards.

Search this Thread