Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

blades wont spin on my heli

Please can someone help

just bought my first helicopter (raptor G2) being new to this i didnt bother reading all the instructions duh! consequently i turned on the receiver before the transmitter. this resulted in nothing working so i THEN read the manual. So this time i turned it on in the correct sequence everything worked except for the throttle the blades would not spin so i started to mess with the switches and nothing. Suddenly the blades started to spin, as i wasnt expecting this it shocked me a little and my first instinct was to pull down on the left stick, to which accelerated the blades to full speed and started to take off i then pushed forward on the stick and it stopped. so now i kind of have it working (even though the throttle was reversed) so i tried a test flight
    but it wouldnt take of at full throttle, only when i slowed it down would it suddenly lift off and crash. well now the blades wont spin at all again all other systems seem ok and theres no visual damage or loose wires
    thanks in advance for any help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: blades wont spin on my heli

Check your Batt in your radio and reciver. make sure your ant is fully extended. check the ant on the Helo. look for things that can interfear with the singel .i.e. High power power lines radio towers ect. i am new to R/C helo's also, but i have been flying fixed wing and raceing cars for years thes are a few of the first checks to do. also you might have a bad radio or reciver you said you got a little shock you could of fried the reciver. i hope this helps
    Life, liberty and the pursuit of all those that threaten it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: blades wont spin on my heli

Hi,
    If the heli lifted when you closed the throttle (after you had it working the right way) then the collective servo is reversed.
    When you give it throttle the front edge of the main blades should go upwards.
    Please remember, RC is dangerous to your wealth