Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
nuttcaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Belt CP or Esky HoneyBee FP for a beginner

ORIGINAL: sitnspin

Can any one give me a list of heli dealers that can be trusted and some that have the best price. THANK YOU

Ka-Planes n' Kopters
Melbourne Florida
Phone: 321-821-2246
M-Sa 10am - 6pm
www.Ka-Planes.com
Email: [email protected]
or [email protected]

Just got my HoneyBee FP from him yesterday, sweet little machine, should've bought more batteries though [&o], but for esky helis hes got them all I think, next heli Belt CP
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
sitnspin

How many of you guys out there, have used Veejay hobbies-goldrust 1 and bought the Esky Belt-CP Helicopter and still feel like you got a good deal. I want to buy one myself, but want to make shure that it is as good as it sounds. Do you still get all quality parts, like there should be and like you would get at dealer that you know you can trrust. Thank you need input (KEEP IT UP)
Old 01-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Rhizzlebop

Should I buy this tool?

[link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=226]tool[/link]

I don't think KA has it, but someone on page one of this thread recommended it.

Someone on the first page also suggested some spare parts.

Blades (main and tail) - Getting one extra set of each with the Belt CP from Goldrust1, so I'm prob good to go there. Should I have 2 sets on hand?

main shaft - Is this it?? get just one? Looks like this may have 2 shatfs in it. it only uses one to fly right?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/4563]main shaft set[/link]

feathering (spindle) shaft - Is this it? Dunno what this is. Does it use all 4 at once? Just get one set?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2257]feathering shafts 4 set[/link]

flybar - Is this it? Does it just use one to fly and this set includes 2?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2702]flybar[/link]

belt - Is this it? Just get 1 extra or more?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2263]belt[/link]

main gear (with one way bearing) - Is this the gear and is the bearing here too?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2274]main gear and maybe bearing too[/link]

Also, wonder if tis might be useful....
[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2273]first aid kit[/link]

All help and comments are appreciated.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
whagen01

Rhizzlebop
To the best of my knowledge, the stock gyro is "Rate" only, while the upgrade one is both "Rate" and "Heading Hold". I have no idea what the gyro does in "Rate", but "HH" is easy to figure out.
From what I was told, the 2200 will easily fit into the battery tray, and there's plenty of fore-aft room to balance the heli. It may be slightly heavier, but not so much that the heli won't be able to fly.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:00 PM
sitnspin

I have talked to some guys that have bought there esky belt-cp helicopter from Veejay Hobbies-goldrust-1, and they were pleased with there purchase. It looks like this seller is ok to buy from. They also said shipping was good, 5 to 8 days, not bad, for comeing from over seas. (KEEP IT UP)
Old 01-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: Rhizzlebop

Should I buy this tool?

[link=http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=226]tool[/link]

I don't think KA has it, but someone on page one of this thread recommended it.

Someone on the first page also suggested some spare parts.

Blades (main and tail) - Getting one extra set of each with the Belt CP from Goldrust1, so I'm prob good to go there. Should I have 2 sets on hand?

main shaft - Is this it?? get just one? Looks like this may have 2 shatfs in it. it only uses one to fly right?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/4563]main shaft set[/link]

feathering (spindle) shaft - Is this it? Dunno what this is. Does it use all 4 at once? Just get one set?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2257]feathering shafts 4 set[/link]

flybar - Is this it? Does it just use one to fly and this set includes 2?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2702]flybar[/link]

belt - Is this it? Just get 1 extra or more?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2263]belt[/link]

main gear (with one way bearing) - Is this the gear and is the bearing here too?

[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2274]main gear and maybe bearing too[/link]

Also, wonder if tis might be useful....
[link=http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/2273]first aid kit[/link]

All help and comments are appreciated.
The leveling tool is a good one to have along with a pitch gauge, it will help you to mechanically set up the head correctly.

The main shaft from esky does come with 2 in it along with the locking nut, you'll probably use it so go ahead.

The feathering shaft is the one that connects the blade holders together, the set has 4 and you'll need those as well. Always check the feathering shaft whenever you replace the blades as many times the feathering shaft also needs to be replaced.

Again with the flybar, get the set, you'll go through those as well.

Get the one belt for now, you should check the belt every 5 flights or so and it will probably last around 40 flights.

Get the gear with the bearing in it if possible, the bearing is hard to get out without a one way bearing removal tool and it's only worth a couple bucks so replacing it at the same time as the main gear is a good idea.

Here is an explanation of rate and heading hold gyros:
Here is the way gyros work: gyros sense movement and try to compensate for it by providing input to the servo.

For a RATE gyro, the gyro will send enough input to the servo to prevent any further movement but does not return the heli to the original position (heading). So if a wind comes along and turns the tail the gyro will react in order to stop it but that's it, you have to input rudder control in order to return it to the original heading (say you want to keep it tail in).

A HEAD HOLDING gyro not only stops any further movement, it will return the heli to the original HEADING. So if you're standing with the heli to you tail in (facing NORTH) and a wind comes along and turns the heli as well as pushing it to the side, the gyro will return the heli to the original heading (facing NORTH) but it will still be moved laterally.

There are also many forces that can turn the tail besides the wind. If you fly forward and lift the nose into a climb then turn the heli, as it's coming down the tail will want to turn around until it's behind the head (gravity and momentum), a rate gyro will not stop this from happening so even with little rudder input all of a sudden the heli is coming towards you head in. A head holding gyro will prevent the heli from turning and so the heli will return to you tail in.

In short, the HH gyro puts all the control of yaw into your hands.

As a side note, the better the gyro and tail servo you use the faster it will react and the less movement before the gyro brings the heli back to the original heading. A futaba GY401 with a S9650 (or JR 3400G) react so quickly that you won't even see the heli start to turn before the gyro corrects for it. This is why 3D flyers (and F3C) spend so much money on a good gyro and digital tail servo, they need precise control. If you're flying scale it's not as important and a rate gyro even mimic actual flight much better.

For my Trex 600N Pro, I'm using a Solid G gyro from Curtis Youngblood Enterprises, it has the sensor separate from the processor because the processing power is much higher than something like even a GY401 and can't fit into one small package. Look up the GY611 and compare it to the GY401 and see the physical size difference.

I have HH gyros on ALL my heli's, even my scale ones (I can always choose rate mode when I want it). I have 2 telebee tlb01's, 2 Logitec 2100t, 4 GY401, 1 Solid G and 1 JR G5000T.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:54 AM
whagen01

To Druss
Thanks, man! You are the Guru-dude we noobs need to have our questions answered. I wanted one of those Futaba GY401s until I saw how much they are. Wow! Maybe when I move up to a more expensive heli, I can justify the $$$. But right now, I think all I need is something that will hold the tail reasonably well so I can focus on cyclic control. At this point, trying to learn cyclic is hard enough. Trying to maintain the heli "tail-in" at the same time requires one more brain cell than I can spare!

To date, I've run three batteries through the Belt CP, and have gotten it to briefly hover (5-10 seconds, 3-4 inches) in the garage. I'm trying to get to the point where I can predict which random direction the heli will try to move, and counteract it before it happens. No luck so far, but others have told me that it will probably take 10 batteries or more before I start to get a handle on it. I'll be patient.

I've now purchased a Head Lock gyro and extra Li-Po battery. I'm looking at buying an improved frame, and a barebones set that I can add my Spektrum servos to. Three months ago, if someone had told me I would spend $1000 for radio control helis, I would have laughed in their face.

The addiction continues...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 AM
kodak_jack

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My comment was about an instruction book that was hard to understand. I've ordered a Honey Bee FP on your recommendations. I've also stocked up on some spare parts, just in case.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Rhizzlebop

Ok I have a question guys.

I bought the Belt CP from the ebay guy.

He emailed today and says they are out of the Belt CP and aren't getting any for a while.

He offered a substitute of sorts. He offered the Golden Eagle 450 which has a metal rotor head assembly and carbon fiber body.

He says it runs $155.00 more, and he'll eat the $100.00 if I'll pay the $55.

Is this a deal I should jump on or is this heli even more out of my league than the Belt CP already was?

I have a Blade CX2 on the way to train on initially, but I want to ramp into a nice CP. Should I take this Golden Eagle 450?

I guess, I'm wondering if its harder to fly and more capable than the Belt, or if its just nicer made and more expensive and possibly more durable than the CP and I should take it for $55 more?

Thanks for your advice.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Rhizzlebop

Also, this Golden Eagle 450 includesa 2.4 GHz transmitter and receiver (no crystals needed) and a "balance charger".

Dunno what kind of charger or if its any good.

I see it syas its 6 channel, or at least the RX and TX is 6. I think the Belt CP is 5 channels and thats currently already too many to control, hence my learning will begin on the Blade CX2.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Rhizzlebop

Anyone familiar with this Heli?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
whagen01

Rhizzlebop
I think you should get the Eagle. I would jump on the offer if he made it to me. Here's why:
1. Metal rotor head, and I would guess, tail hardware, too. This is an upgrade on the Belt CP that would cost at least $130 to get to your door. It's more precision-made, more durable, and will stay that way longer. Plus it looks cooler!
2. Carbon Fiber. Woohoo! The body is lighter AND stronger? Another expensive upgrade for a Belt CP.
3. 2.4 GHz. This is the future of Radio Control! Impervious to interference, unlike the FM system the Belt CP comes with. My Blade CX just happens to use the same frequency. I tried turning on both transmitters at the same time - never again! In fact, I bought a Spektrum DX6 that I hope to eventually replace the existing receiver and servos with. Again, cha-ching!!

By the way, the balance charger is simply what you need to charge the Lithium-Polymer battery.

So he eats $100, and you get all those upgrades for another $55? Too sweet a deal to pass up, in my opinion. Sounds like he knows what good customer service is all about... keeping the customer happy and coming back.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
whagen01

Rhizzlebop

I forgot to include this. Both helis are 6-channel. But you'll only use four of them during the learning process.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Rhizzlebop

Well, I didn't really know.

It sounds like a sweet deal, and he offered it, so I'll take it.

There must be decent margin in that stuff for him to offer to take a loss that big.

Didn't someone say he runs a real hobby site somewhere also?

Very interesting.

Its another 55 bucks, but I'm neck deep anyway and havn't touched the first controller yet.

I just didn't wanna get something EVEN Harder to learn than the Belt with more channels, but apparently thats not the case.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Rhizzlebop

I'll probably be posting for a lot more help.

The Belt was an RTF and this one it appears is a full kit that I gotta build from the ground up.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200190860522&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010]Golden Eagle 450[/link]

Can anyone confirm that this is a full kit and I don't need any other extra parts, or elements to make this a complete flying (see crashing) machine?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Rhizzlebop

Oh, this one comes with a Head Lock gyro too.

Doesn't say which one, but it has one.

Also, it actually says Ready To Fly, so I'm now guessing full RTF.

I'm on this.

And, yes, I know the charger is what charges the battery. I was noting/questioning that it says its a Balance charger.

The other charger on the Belt CP was not a balancing charger which also I would guess makes this better if it will in fact do the cell balancing.

35A brushless ESC too, so prob more powerful.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Rhizzlebop

This seems to be made by HobbyPro. Is that a comparable good brand?

The Belt CP was by Esky. Maybe they are really one and the same.

Hope the replacement blades are not more expensive because looks like they are metal.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Rhizzlebop

I can't seem to find this heli, or any other Golden Eagle, or any Hobby pro Heli anywhere on the web.

Is this some new company?

It doesn't feel like I can even get parts for this thing.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Rhizzlebop

So, noone has ever heard of this brand of Heli?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
flying-penguin

Rhizzlebop,

I would be leary of being able to locate parts for this when time comes. At least with Esky, there are quite a few known websites which you can order parts. With this one...where do you even begin? As a noob in R/C helis, I would pass on this offer..

Good luck. BTW, I read somewhere (I think this forum) that the Esky will begin shipping the Belt CP with the newer 2.4Ghz transmitter. It was mentioned that the new TX is mentioned on their website. I tried to find that post but no luck today. Maybe this is why there's a delay in getting inventory?

FP
Old 01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Rhizzlebop

This seemed like a really sweet deal.

It could still be, but I'm hesitant. Its definately my first model, and first Heli.

It does come as an RTF, but I KNOW there will be teardowns and rebuilds.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Rhizzlebop

The seller, who has been very STAND UP thus far, said he will throw in a free set of blades, top and rotor, to match the old auction offer.

He also said he would have all of the parts and accessories for sale on his ebay store very soon.

Is HobbyPro a new line or is it carried in very limited places or both?

I can't figure ifthis is just a new model heli, or if its a totally new line.

If the issue of parts is not that huge, great.

What about the quality and reliability of this line?

I her a lot of bad on here toward Walkera. I dunno why, but apparently they just don't fly as well and such.

I'm guessing this might be the same sort of thing.

Possibly? Thoughts?

thanks, I need to email him back and give my final decision like ASAP. All comments are welcome.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Rhizzlebop

It is seeming that these are made by Key-tech Industrial co. LTD.

There is another thread on this site talking about how they have cloned the Trex 450 and the black hawk 450 to name a couple mentioned.

They seem to think they are pretty good.

Anyone look at the ebay auction link above? Does that heli look like another companies model at all?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:33 PM
choppersrule

flying-penguin,

Yes, you can fly the HBK2 in the house, I do it all the time. Different canopy and skids, but it is a HBK2. Great little heli.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51008.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	853061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85929.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	853062  
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
choppersrule

Oops! double pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.