Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

WILL SOMEONE EXAMINE MY LAMA V4

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

WILL SOMEONE EXAMINE MY LAMA V4

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Maldrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILL SOMEONE EXAMINE MY LAMA V4

I got my Lama v4 on Friday and I still haven't gotten it off the ground. It keeps tearing my blades up and throwing my flybar off. I took some pictures and put them in their own photobucket account. Will someone please look to make sure everything looks right? Also I took some pictures of the controller to make sure I have everything right on there. Also is there a guide on the net on how to install all the xtreme parts or do they come with instructions? Also do the blades for the Blade CX2 work on the Lama v4? Thank you all for being so patient with me. Link: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/Rchelirookie/
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Maldrad

Default RE: WILL SOMEONE EXAMINE MY LAMA V4

Alright I just uploaded 11 new pics. Hopefully something will reveal itself. http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/Rchelirookie/
Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I looked at the first group. While not a heli expert by a long shot, I have had a V4 for several months. I could not spot any thing wrong. Hopefully some one else can. Are the blades too tight or too loose? They should pivot about the mounting screw freely but not sloppy loose either.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
SuperBee364

I have a Lama V4, too. I couldn't see anything wrong in the pictures. I'm not sure what you mean that it's tearing up the blades, though. Is it acting like a bearing isn't turning correctly? When you take the fuselage off, is the swashplate level when the controls and trim are in neutral position? Do the servos move the swashplate in the correct direction when you make control movements on the transmitter? Do the blades turn freely when you add throttle?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Jetskeeter

Hi, remove the fuselage and check the movement of the swashplate. If you move the right stick on the transmitter forward the swash should tilt down, backwards the swash should tilt back, to the left the swash should tilt left and to the right the swash should tilt right. check the blade rotation also. the bottom blades turn cw and the top ccw. If they turn wrong direction you gotta reverse the rotatation by reversing the polarity of the connector plugged into the 4 in 1 by turning it around. If this is all ok , with the transmitter turned on and all the trims centered except the throttle trim , it should be all the way down, now look at the swashplate. It needs to be level. If it is not ,you level it by lengthening or shortening the rods by popping them off the swash and turning them to make them longer or shorter. you should be able to hover it now and stabilize it using the trims.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
sblinder

Hello

I sell the Lama, we test them all before we send them out, I must say I have had 9 in the past two weeks exhibit this same behavior and after
removing the 4 in 1 and replacing it with a spare I had the problems went away. I think there is a lot number out there of Lama's that have bad
receivers, plain and simple. I would be happy to examine your copter for you, even fix it for just the cost of the parts. We can be found here

http://www.helicopterheaven.com

Kindest Regards
Steve
Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
RedGN

can't see what the receiver has to do with the flybar flying off....unless it jerk the throttle violently. The stock inner shaft is cheap plastic where it attaches to the flybar. Change the inner shaft to aluminum one and fly bar will not fly off. also heard a few reports of the swashplate coming apart. you can change this to aluminum also if you like or wait and see if it will happen. I have 3 lama v3 and one v4 with stock swashpaltes and they are fine.

A little more detail next time on what you see or hear or anything that can help rcu members help you.

hope this helps and goodluck