Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

DISGUSTED W/ JR 9303

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DISGUSTED W/ JR 9303

Hello. Im a new heli pilot and know a little about the mechanics of a heli and have owned a JR 9303 for 2 years now flying airplanes. I just bought a JR Venture heli and have setup the heli and have everything measured, leveled and have gotten to the actual radio setup and Im having problems figuring out how to setup Throttle curves, Throttle hold, and more especially the darn Gyro. Im using the JR 550T gyro. Why doesnt JR have a brochure for the Heli setup for the 9303. They have one for almost everything else even specificlly for some airplanes. I like JR but this is almost wanting to make me go with another brand of radio and change to a different company for my electronics totally. Ive been a devote JR flyer with airplanes for years but trying to get help setting up a heli thru JR is like....UHHHH we dont have anything on that you may can find something on some of the forums....DU with no luck there. I was shocked when one of their Tech. Reps. told me that they had no info on a setup for one of thier helis and their radio that I may could find something on a forum. Well quess what JR!!! I can also find other radios also with lots more help from their tech support from what Ive been told.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:10 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DISGUSTED W/ JR 9303

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRP2925

I don't know if this will help but click on the complete manual link. It has alot of heli programming in it. I know it's for the 2.4 but it's the same radio.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM
dooleyje

ORIGINAL: dspadler

Hello. Im a new heli pilot and know a little about the mechanics of a heli and have owned a JR 9303 for 2 years now flying airplanes. I just bought a JR Venture heli and have setup the heli and have everything measured, leveled and have gotten to the actual radio setup and Im having problems figuring out how to setup Throttle curves, Throttle hold, and more especially the darn Gyro. Im using the JR 550T gyro. Why doesnt JR have a brochure for the Heli setup for the 9303. They have one for almost everything else even specificlly for some airplanes. I like JR but this is almost wanting to make me go with another brand of radio and change to a different company for my electronics totally. Ive been a devote JR flyer with airplanes for years but trying to get help setting up a heli thru JR is like....UHHHH we dont have anything on that you may can find something on some of the forums....DU with no luck there. I was shocked when one of their Tech. Reps. told me that they had no info on a setup for one of thier helis and their radio that I may could find something on a forum. Well quess what JR!!! I can also find other radios also with lots more help from their tech support from what Ive been told.
Thanks Badazzbusa for the info.

All you guys out there, Please understand that JR and Futaba or who ever will never have a heli program for you to use or copy. The reason is that we all use different helis, radios, servo, blades and what ever. If I had 3 identical helis Each one would be a little different. In a since the programing will be different. The problem is really learning how to navigate through your radios programs and how/why a heli will do the things it will do. JR and Futaba have some great products and with great programing comes a lot of hidden programs. Sometimes we need to back up a little and sit down with the correct manual and read through it and understand the radio. The programs such as Pitch curves and throttle curves are only measurment and are transfered to you radio in percentages. Your measurment on heli "A "will not in some cases be the correct measurments for heli "B" Just don't teach yourself how to fly but teach yourself how and why. You will enjoy this hobby ten fold.

Jim
Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
badazzbusa

No problem. I have a Futaba 9c and just picked up a 9303 2.4 and although not difficult, it is different to go from one make to another. After programing both, I see why JR guys hate Futaba and Futaba guys hate JR. Now my problem is remembering the switches on both radios and which one I'm flying with. I've started making my first invert on each flight up high just incase I missed the idle up switch, or do I call that the stunt mode switch.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Elgreco3

I got a 2.4 X9303 about a week now after having the futaba 8US and 9CHPS.

I have to say that although the JR has some more programming features, the 9C was a lot easier to program by far. Although JR owners say the same for futaba, once you experience both, JR lacks on simplicity.

But don't give up, take it slow, read the manual and take one step at the time.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
digtman

Yeah, i'm having problems too with the x9303 trying to program dual servos on elevator, much easier on the 9c. I think i made a mistake bying the jr[:@][&o]
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 PM
digtman

anyway< can anybody help on this?[sm=drowning.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 AM
badazzbusa

ORIGINAL: digtman

Yeah, i'm having problems too with the x9303 trying to program dual servos on elevator, much easier on the 9c. I think i made a mistake bying the jr[:@][&o]
Are you talking fixed wing aircraft?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
xodarap1

? My X9303 settings are just a hair off of my DX7's for the same heli's. Simple to go from one to the other. They seem very similar to me Dual servo rates for airplanes or helis??
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
redvtr1000

digtman,

Why not just throw a y harness on the elevator if you need to run two servos?

I run a dx7 for helis and planes, I am not sure but I don't think the dx7 has the option for running two elevator servos without a y harness. It does give me that option for the ailerons though and if the 9303 does it for the elevator, I would think you need to do something similar.

I use seperate servos on my ailerons without a y harness. I had to go into the programming mode of the radio and turn on the flaperon mix (iirc) then you can go into the model setup menu and adjust that setup to get everything moving the right direction. If the 9303 can do seperate elev servos without a harness, I would imagine you need to go through turning the feature on in the radio setup, then set it up underneath the model you created.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
badazzbusa

With the 9303 you can run 2 aileron servos and 2 elevator servos in seperate rx ports, no problem.