Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

micro Heli indoor use

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
hitm4n666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro Heli indoor use

hey guys i just recently purchased a flea market special micro X copter micro heli its fun and all but im looking for another micro heli thats well more name brand and better quality i would also like for all or most of the stuff to be upgradable and most of all i want it to be able to fly back and forth if you guys have any cheap indoor fun helis that are good leme know
Old 03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
kenskid

Default RE: micro Heli indoor use

Airhogs Reflex....$60 Walmart. Forward, backward, left, right, up, down......durable....

ORIGINAL: hitm4n666

hey guys i just recently purchased a flea market special micro X copter micro heli its fun and all but im looking for another micro heli thats well more name brand and better quality i would also like for all or most of the stuff to be upgradable and most of all i want it to be able to fly back and forth if you guys have any cheap indoor fun helis that are good leme know
Old 03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
ETILLETAS

I JUST GOT A WALKERA 5#10 IT FLIES GREAT AND ALREADY HAS ALL THE UPGRADES.FOR A $120.0 I THINK ITS DEFINETLY WORTH IT.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
hitm4n666

hmmm any 1 else have any suggestions um i searched them both up and they look wierd and i think the air hog isnt upgradable
Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 PM
jaketrouble

how much you want to spend?? do you want it for strickly indoor use?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
heli kid

Airhogs Reflex....$60 Walmart. Forward, backward, left, right, up, down......durable....
Whatever you do dont get a Reflex stripped a gear after 4 days and since you can't replace gears. I would recomend a Lama v4 I don't have one but they are supposed to be good.

EDIT: here's the link to Lama V4 http://www.hobby-lobby.com/lama-v4.htm
Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
hitm4n666

that walker 52 dragon fly looks pretty cool is everything upgradable on that?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 PM
heli kid

I wouldn't get a Walkera most people say they suck.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:29 PM
jaketrouble

heli kid,, hitm,,, walkera is getting better... they use to really suck but with all of the negative feedback they are getting they wised up a little.. almost any heli you get there is going to be something someone dont like about it.. like with the eskyhbking,,the motors sucks,, with the hbfp,,the skids suck,,, and so on and so on.. the walkera 52 is an alright heli.. remember though...you get what you pay for.. best to spend a little extra and get someting you really like rather then just go for a cheap price,.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
heli kid

Ah so true.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 AM
hitm4n666

hmmm idk i would love to fly indoors and out doors and is it possible to have like a really strong antenna and receiver so i can go really high with my future heli?? like i would love a heli that u can use in doors and out doors but at the same time look cool have that realistic look also hmm ima have like $200 to spend on a heli so if i need to spend a lil bit more i will
Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it possible to have like a really strong antenna and receiver so i can go really high with my future heli??
Sure! But realistically, all RC class transmitters have a range that FAR exceeds your visual range. The helis get too small to see them well enough to fly. I rarely fly my helis higher than tree-top height.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 AM
heli kid

hmmm idk i would love to fly indoors and out doors and is it possible to have like a really strong antenna and receiver so i can go really high with my future heli?? like i would love a heli that u can use in doors and out doors but at the same time look cool have that realistic look also hmm ima have like $200 to spend on a heli so if i need to spend a lil bit more i will
Hmm that's a tough one the best I can tell you is Honey Bee FP you can hover it in a garage but it's primarily for outdoor.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
AZheli

If you want to gain more flying skills & want a challenge over what you're now flying, definitely go for the Honeybee FP. Plan on crashing some & replacing minor parts breakage. Good news is that the HB FP parts are really cheap.

Otherwise, if you want something that pretty much flies itself & is more stable, like you're flying now (only bigger and more controllable), consider the Lama V4. It's the coaxial (counterrotating blade) design & once you get it tweaked into trim, will pretty much hover on it's own & is very maneuverable. I've had mine all afternoon & can already (kinda) chase cars with it

I got it for weekend flying in the office at work, where the Air Hogs-type 2 channel helis are getting boring...

see:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/edit...319&toStyle=tm
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 AM
nuttcaze

I'm always for recommending the HBFP, but its NOT meant for outdoors, sure you can fly it outside, but more then likely the wind will take it and you'll get to watch it pull some really exciting 3D moves before smashing into the ground , the HBFP is great for garages, large rooms, semi enclosed areas. But if you were looking for a heli to play with outside, the HBK II is on sale at Ka-Planes for $129.99, only $30 more then the HBFP except that will be able to fly outside without becoming a kite.
But it'll take alot more set-up time, where as the HBFP requires almost no set-up time, great for beginners , and it'll take a crap load of abuse.