Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New Kinetic 50, Need help setting up!!!!

I have just finished building the Kinetic 50 minus the muffler which is expected to be here on Thursday. I have a few questions but let me first say that this is my first heli and I have been practicing for about three weeks an hour a day on the Sundog in the G4 Simulator, it is the closest one I could find on there to the actual size of the Kinetic 50.

Here are the specs the best I know. It is a .50 size Heli, I have a O.S. 50 Hyper motor in it, and I have a Futaba 7 CHP, and a 401 Gyro.

1. Is the Radio setup that is in the manual good enough or do I need to make adjustments to them.?

2. How do you set up the Gyro or is it pretty much plug and play?

3. Exactly how realistic can I expect the sim. to be?

Thanks for any help.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Kinetic 50, Need help setting up!!!!

I used raptor techniques for a lot of my questions and radio setup. I have a jr 7channel, and a gy401. The futaba is one of the setup options on the website. I use G3.5 and to me it flies the same as the sim other than the wind gust, which makes the heli balloon up sometimes. Go to this website and you will be happy you did www.raptortechnique.com, all question you probably have will be on here
    THE T.R.U.T.H

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One of the expansion packs has the Kinetic 50 on it for G3.5, so it should work with G4 I think.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the site rowdog, it seems to have a lot of good info. to much for me to figure out all at once. Muffler and fuel should be here today so maybe I can fire it up this afternoon!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I too have been looking for info about setting up my 50 I have a DX7 radio. Anyone?