Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Tail Wag

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Harvest Fields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Wag

GHI all. i have a rapt 30 and gy401. when i try to hover the tail wags a fair bit. im sure its the gain as ive been looking into it. my question is how do i adjust the gain. is it on the gyro or is it done via the radio. ( fut 6exh ). whats a good start point.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 AM
stanza

Default RE: Tail Wag

The radio does not have the ability to adjust the gain on your gyro. There has to be a knob or something on the gyro itself, usually in a recessed in a hole and you have to turn it with a small screwdriver. People are always quick to blame the gyro but sometimes slop in the tail drive system can produce similar symptoms. This is because as the model starts to turn, the gyro tries to compensate, and because of sloppy linkage to the tail, it overcompensates, and then overshoots, producing a wag. Check this first before you mess with the gyro.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not sure about the capablities of the 6exh but the gain is the single wire off the gyro, probably plugged into ch.5. A gy401 does not have a gain adjustment on the gyro, it is done on the tx. Make sure your linkage is good with no binding, adjust the limit pot on the gyro so it doesn't bind. You want atleast 100%, if you can't get that then move the ball in a hole on the servo arm. Then look for gyro gain on the tx menu and make your adjustments.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:24 PM
mirmanchuck
My Feedback: (1)

Turn gyro gain down in very small increments until tail stops wagging. When you set up gyro you turn gain up until tail begins to wag and then back it off to where it just quits wagging.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Resident Dawg

I have a Raptor 30 withthe 401 as well. The gain is adjusted in my radio. I am using the DX6i from my Blade 400 for the radio.

I was having tail Wag as well..but my gain value was set to 55%. I increased my Gain to like 75 and the wagging stoped. I have to apply more stick to get the model to turn, but the waggign stopped.

Make any sence??
Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Harvest Fields

yea it does. i turned mine up to 35% and its flying great now.