Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

First Heli Raptor vs Trex

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

First Heli Raptor vs Trex

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
overpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Heli Raptor vs Trex

Hey guys
I have been flying planes for a couple years now at a competition level and have decided to try out helicopters.
I am trying to decide which heli to buy out of 2 however since i am relatively inexpierienced in helicopters i need some HELP!

My two choices are
Raptor 60
or
Trex 600 nitro
I would greatly appreciate some input as well as gyro and engine suggestions for your preference
Thanks in advance guys
Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Doofers

Default RE: First Heli Raptor vs Trex

I would get a Trex600n, cheaper parts. gyro futaba 401 or gy611 if you want to show off. Engine always go OS mate, OS50 hyper for Trex600n, get good servos, don't use the planks servo will fail in air soon or later. Nitro helis got a lot of vibration.

I hope that helps[)]
Old 05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: overpower

Hey guys
I have been flying planes for a couple years now at a competition level and have decided to try out helicopters.
I am trying to decide which heli to buy out of 2 however since i am relatively inexpierienced in helicopters i need some HELP!

My two choices are
Raptor 60
or
Trex 600 nitro
I would greatly appreciate some input as well as gyro and engine suggestions for your preference
Thanks in advance guys
Why not the Raptor 50? That way you would be comparing apples to apples. The power to weight ratio of the 60 is similar to the power to weight ratio of the 30. If you want size go all the way up to the 90, which has similar power to weight ratio when compared to a 50.

Then comparing the TRex 600N to the Raptor 50 would be like comparing Dodge vs Ford. They all have their diehard fans and you will never get a straight answer (other than a biased one).

Rafael
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Titan flys well, very stable, very tough, simple to set up.

600n flys well, a bit more agile because its lighter, tracks well for its weight, parts are cheap but IMO don't hold up as well as the Raptor parts and it isn't as tough. Its ccpm so its a bit more complicated to set up.

This from someone that owns and has flys both. If I had sold the Titan to buy the 600n I would have been disappointed at the hype because I don't feel its the head and shoulders above that some people claim. I'm happy with both.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

I would recommend the Raptor Titan. I agree with the previous post, if you want a Raptor 60, then get the Raptor 90. If you want a 50 size heli, the Raptor is a very easy to set up and repair and flys just as well as the Trex although I feel the Raptor is a bit more stable for someone starting out.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
redvtr1000

I love my raptor, it may not be the newest high tech heli on the market but it has been around for a while and proven itself as a pretty reliable heli. For my skills it does all I want and more. I think alot of the 600n's popularity is due to the lemming or sheep effect, however you want to call it.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:52 AM
archiebald

ORIGINAL: redvtr1000

I love my raptor, it may not be the newest high tech heli on the market but it has been around for a while and proven itself as a pretty reliable heli. For my skills it does all I want and more. I think alot of the 600n's popularity is due to the lemming or sheep effect, however you want to call it.

I think the term you are referring to is "sheeple". The same ones that read fashion magazines and watch reality TV I suspect.