Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Did i screw up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did i screw up?

ok so helis wow! its like a plumer trying to de-fuse a bomb with me. ok so i have a havoc heli (picco-z) and can fly it pretty goo, i have just traded my 1/18th rage for a walkera 22e, 30abrushless esc, 4200kv brushless motor, main blade w/dings, 11.1v 800mah lipo battery, 6 channel TX/ RX. did i screw up? i mean idc that i got the heli, im just a really big noob when it comes to this. thanks in advance for anyone that helps!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Bugzilla

Default RE: Did i screw up?

Do yourself a huge favor. Put the heli on the shelf and get yourself a good simulator. Don't even consider flying that heli untill you can hover in all upright orientations within a very small area on a good sim. I say this because I have that heli, and I can say with some confidence that it is NOT a beginners heli. The havoc heli doesn't even apply in a situation like this. Not to say you didn't get a good deal, just saying you got a decent deal on a heli that is not very beginner forgiving. Study everything you can find on the heli, practice untill you are very proficient on a sim, then follow Radd's School of Rotary Flight to the letter, and you might have a decent learning experience. I jumped into it much the way you did, and wish I would have had this same advice when I started. I had to learn everything the hard, (read expensive, frustrating, and just about made me want to cry or kill something), way. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

ah i see, my friend is letting me barrow his real flight 3 so i'll take you advice. thanks for all the info. it was a good deal? cool. i have empty shelf space anyway
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Bugzilla

Actually, whether or not it was a good deal depends on how much $$ you had on the vehicle you traded for the heli. When you get the sim, try flying with the smallest heli on there, then realise that the 22e is at least twice as hard to fly as that.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

the rage i had really nothing into it, i traded my paintball gun for it. i paid 15 buxs for the paint ball bun, so 15 dollar heli =)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Bugzilla

Oh, well then you got a really good deal!
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same Heli as well and Bugzilla's advice is perfect.. I would do one other thing as well.. take out the brushless motor and put back in the stock one, they are around $10 on the net.. The 4200Kv has way too much headspeed unless its geared down to about 8T pinion and will be too hard to fly, will burn out the tail motor and cause alot of frustration.. the stock motor has plenty of power for the heli.. I have 2 of them and they are both running the stock 370 motors.. Good luck.. I like the heli, but its definately not beginner friendly..
Old 07-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Bugzilla

If you put a stock motor back on it, you will have to put a stock esc back on it to. A brushed motor will burn up a brushless esc.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Revotrx3
Banned

ah i see .ok