Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

yup looking at the blackhawk but confused

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

yup looking at the blackhawk but confused

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yup looking at the blackhawk but confused

Hey everyone looking to buymyself this for xmas take a look at the many blackhawks ive found on the net dont know which one I should get it seems that the one with the cnc head and tail is only a few more bucks than the plastic is there something I am missing?

http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1344

http://www.xheli.com/re450fm6ccal2.h...FQxKGgod31GfSw

http://www.xheli.com/black-hawk-450.html

the remotes seem to Differ and so do the gears one has two gears while the others have only one.

only one is in stock though
Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Bugzilla

Default RE: yup looking at the blackhawk but confused

Steer clear of xheli, it seems to be somewhat of a crapshoot. If you have never flown before, get the standard version from ka-planes. They are a reputable site, have great support, and on the rare occasion they do make a mistake, they will do everything in their power to fix it. The SE Pro version is nice, but for learning go standard bc you won't spend as much replacing plastic as you will carbon fiber and cnc parts. As your skills progress, you can upgrade to all the facy stuff. I also suggest a sim of some kind. If you have the money, get a top ender like Real Flight or Pheonix, or you can get cheap, even free sims to help you learn orientation and what stick does what.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

ok thanks alot bugzilla k planes is out at that moment unfortunately wonder how long they are going to be getting some more in.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Razorbk

Bugzilla has it right. Stay away from Xheli; they do not have a good rep. You can't go wrong with the BH from KA-PLANES. They test fly the bird and set it up for you. Support and service from KP is excellent. They answer the phone (some dealers do not) and they answer e-mails as well. Call them up, they will answer any questions you have. Good luck and happy flying.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
dude7422

i have to add my two cents that one from ka planes is a pos just look at the rotor head all plastic and the
fly bar control is the biggest pos i have ever seen
Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

Is anyone having issues with the. Plastis as DUDE has pointed out?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Bugzilla

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I think he doesn't know what he is talking about. The head assembly is interchangable with the t-rex, and I haven't heard anyone say IT is a POS, and the plastic will be more forgiving to a newb. You may break several things during a crash, but the things that break are meant to, and they don't cost much to replace.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Druss

nothing wrong with plastic... don't know why everyone is so set on metal, especially for a beginner. Look at the minititan 325 which flies as well, if not better, than the trex 450se and it's a plastic head. so the is thunder tiger raptor 50 in stock form.

Metal is more precise but there's nothing wrong with plastic to begin with and the head can be replaced with a trex 450se/se v2 or clone head later.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:02 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

ok fellas now its a test to find out where I can find this Black hawk at as it looks to be the copter to get
Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 AM
nitrostaff1

ORIGINAL: Igotntc3andrevo

Hey everyone looking to buymyself this for xmas take a look at the many blackhawks ive found on the net dont know which one I should get it seems that the one with the cnc head and tail is only a few more bucks than the plastic is there something I am missing?

http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1344

http://www.xheli.com/re450fm6ccal2.h...FQxKGgod31GfSw

http://www.xheli.com/black-hawk-450.html

the remotes seem to Differ and so do the gears one has two gears while the others have only one.

only one is in stock though
Igotntc3andrevo,

I am the service rep for XHeli.com. If you need help or service, you can always come to me or Andy on RCDiscuss.com (XHeli.com's Official support forum). See for yourself on how we deal with our customers. If you still have doubt, feel free to let me know. Thanks

The Blue Ray 450PE is a good helicopter for you to consider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpZx8vSZaw
Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 PM
dude7422

ORIGINAL: dude7422

i have to add my two cents that one from ka planes is a pos just look at the rotor head all plastic and the
just look at the ((((((((((fly bar control ))))))))) ok kn planes one is all plastick so should it be closer
priced to the esky belt cp 169.99 not 254.99 and the middle one from xheli is a joke also
ps i dont pick sides i call it the way i see it rc as a hobby has never been cheap
but prices are at all time low
Old 12-19-2008, 01:37 AM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Ka-planes also sells the SE version with metal head and tail if that is what you want. I know cause I got one this fall. The only thing confusing is that mine came with 2.4 ghz radio and the one on their site says 72mhz? Maybe you could email them and ask about this.
http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1327
Old 12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

just look at the ((((((((((fly bar control ))))))))) ok kn planes one is all plastick so should it be closer
priced to the esky belt cp 169.99 not 254.99 and the middle one from xheli is a joke also
ps i dont pick sides i call it the way i see it rc as a hobby has never been cheap
but prices are at all time low
Hey Dude why do you call it a joke?

PS Nitro staff I will consider your propostion etc.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Igotntc3andrevo

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

Ka-planes also sells the SE version with metal head and tail if that is what you want. I know cause I got one this fall. The only thing confusing is that mine came with 2.4 ghz radio and the one on their site says 72mhz? Maybe you could email them and ask about this.
http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1327

Hey Jerry I did email them and they havent replied to my second email it has been around three days so I dont know either. I surely want the 2.4 ghz one as I want to be locked in.