Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Warning on "FAQ's 101 heli book" download

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Warning on "FAQ's 101 heli book" download

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 PM
mundo330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning on "FAQ's 101 heli book" download

since they locked the post I am adding this as a new thread. The site hosting this download is known for malicious software and had attempted to make system changes on our servers. if you check with Haute Secure it is on its block list also. Just fair warning. I am sure that the poster has no idea about this as the site is a free file host. Just remember folks.... Nothing is ever "FREE"!!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
borntoraisehogs

Default RE: Warning on "FAQ's 101 heli book" download

I appreciate the caution , but I just downloaded it and it was the easiest and most troublefree thing have ever downloaded . It loaded so fast I thought it was not working and realized it was already done . It is a great manual and I hope the fact my computor hasn't shown signs of worm , viruses , trojans ,root rot or whatever the terrorists who invent that stuff are up to now ,will embolden those who were afraid to down load this excellent book . I agree there is no such thing as a free lunch , but if the truth were known most instructors love their work so much they would pay to do it so , while this gift is generous , it is not totally unexpected if you know the breed . When you have an instructor who has devised a tool to impart knowledge that my friends and I are struggling to learn , I am a taker .
Old 03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
mundo330
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Warning on "FAQ's 101 heli book" download

I was only warning of an unauthorized script that "could" be malicious. As I stated in my message this site was scanned by my ISA server (a normal procedure to cache the site for quicker viewing) and found an attempt to make changes to our server. This is abnormal and could be an attempt to install or distribute malware.
Douglas R. Serrand