Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Which one would you Get?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Which one would you Get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:16 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which one would you Get?

I've narrowed my selection to these two

Heli-Max CPv3 and the E-Sky Honey Bee King 2 LHS has replacement parts for Heli-Max and can get E-Sky parts

Which one would you buy of these two?

Background
25+years flying RC fixed wing
Simulator Time on Heli's - Can hover, fly aerobatics, etc. etc. Yes, I know sims don't totally replicate real, but still
Co-Ax - no problems - hover, forward flight, rear flight, etc. Getting kinda boring flying them.
Nitro Helis - can hold a pretty good hover with a Raptor .50, but have not progressed into total forward flight yet (belongs to another club member)

Wanting to get my feet wet with a electirc heli that I can fly at the house.

I've read the other post about getting a T-Rex or knock-off, but for the prices that these are at and current income, they seem to be priced right as ARF (yes I know they will need a littel set up, but I have a good friend that has let my fly his Raptor .50, so he can help set-up)
Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
raptor fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which one would you Get?

I wouldnt get either.Exspiecialy not the king 2.The electronics are junk.Go for the axe 400 if your hobbie store has it.Or go for the blade 400.You can get either in pnp or rtf.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
bad400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which one would you Get?

ORIGINAL: bassfisher

I've narrowed my selection to these two

Heli-Max CPv3 and the E-Sky Honey Bee King 2 LHS has replacement parts for Heli-Max and can get E-Sky parts

Which one would you buy of these two?

Background
25+years flying RC fixed wing
Simulator Time on Heli's - Can hover, fly aerobatics, etc. etc. Yes, I know sims don't totally replicate real, but still
Co-Ax - no problems - hover, forward flight, rear flight, etc. Getting kinda boring flying them.
Nitro Helis - can hold a pretty good hover with a Raptor .50, but have not progressed into total forward flight yet (belongs to another club member)

Wanting to get my feet wet with a electirc heli that I can fly at the house.

I've read the other post about getting a T-Rex or knock-off, but for the prices that these are at and current income, they seem to be priced right as ARF (yes I know they will need a littel set up, but I have a good friend that has let my fly his Raptor .50, so he can help set-up)
on either heli you would seriously want to change the electronic`s, neither brand is known for their esc/motor.