Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Problems setting pitch

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Problems setting pitch

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:22 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems setting pitch

I'm having problems setting the pitch on the main rotor blades. I have the trim set as far as it can go and at low pitch, the guage, reads 5, at half stick it reads 12, and at full it reads 17 My manual suggests, for a beginner, 0, 5, 9,,, so I know I'm way off somewhere along the way. I know that I need to adjust the linkage, but which ones, and do I make them longer or shorter? I have a flybar lock, so thats staying level. All the stuff I have is listed below in my signature. My LHS has no idea about helicopters, just planes and cars. So I'm going it alone. There really is no one around here that can help, at least not that I have found. So any help would be greatly appreciated. The servo's have equal play. I think thats all the info you need. I'm not an idiot, so I believe I'm using the pitch guage correctly.
Thanks in advance!
Joe
Old 06-22-2003, 03:50 AM
_BOON_

You will need to adjust the 5 point pitch and throttle curve on your Eclipse 7 Tx.
For beginning set it like this:
Normal mode
the throttle curve have a linear response ie:
at stick down have 0
at stick middle have 50
at stick high have 100
so the 5 point will be 0 25 50 75 100
Now for the pitch:
low stick anything from -2 to 2 depending on how much you want the heli to decend.
mid stick will be the heli's hover pitch say 5%
and for full stick have about 9.
so the 5 point curve will be -1 2 5 7 9
This should give you a starting point for how the heli feels in the air.
All this can be done from the Tx if your helis' linkages are setup from the manual that came with the heli.

I could go on more about different setups but try this for starters.

make sure mid stick is at 1/2 throttle open, you might have to adjust the servo to the carby arm or Tx EPA's etc

all the best
Old 06-22-2003, 04:29 AM
DustOffUH1

Default Thanks!

Thanks for replying! I'll give that a shot tomorrow, and also read through the Tx manual again. As of now I've had about 7 or 8 Rolling Rocks My favorite beer. I don't touch anything that can harm anyone after about 4 or 5 just to be safe I did set up the linkages as prescribed in the manual. I even used the linkage tool thing (sorry about the name,, I'm a bit to the wind) to measure. Also, just for the record, no Rolling Rocks when assembling the mechanics at any time, well maybe 1 or 2 Anyway, Thanks again for replying, and I'll let you know how it goes.
Joe
Old 06-22-2003, 09:29 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

here is my thought on your problem.
first you sound pretty new,if you are this is a good idea i use,iam pretty new also.
start from scratch here,in the radio set all trims to center,subs and main trims,set all atvs to 100%,no mixings if you dont need them,un hook all the servo arms,check all the lenths from the manule,then set every thing per the manule.
just my 3.5 cents worth..lol..
Old 06-22-2003, 02:33 PM
DustOffUH1

Thanks! I also think I really need to look at the Tx manual again. Gonna get my Sunday chores out of the way, then its back to the radio & heli. Yes I am new to this stuff, its a little confusing at times, but all in all, very interseting and most of all FUN
Old 06-22-2003, 09:54 PM
DustOffUH1

Well I believe I found out where I went wrong. I went back to read my eclipse 7 manual, and realized I only did the initial radio set up, the name, type, swash type, and timer. Thats all I did :stupid: So now I'm going to set up all the stuff on the radio that I didn't, and hopefully all will be well with the world again. Thanks very much for all your help, I will use it If I need more help I know where you are