Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Giving up on flying

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 AM
fishymamba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giving up on flying

Well I crashed my CX2 a couple days ago and broke it bad. I hit the top of a tree and the heli fell from about 100 ft. I tried to find parts for it but I can't find any parts for it, I think I will just fix my RC cars. I know it's my fault that the heli crash is my fault I still blame the wind. Also I am selling the radio for it because I don't need it anymore. Hope all of you have more fun flying!

I know this isn't a for sale forum, but I just want to get rid of this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=tab%3DSelling
Old 08-22-2009, 08:32 AM
TCipolla
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Giving up on flying

Why are you giving up? Maybe its a sign that you need a new helicopter? Maybe if you're having trouble, ask someone to help you.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Robertwav1

Yeah...don't give up. If your a little frustrated let it go for a while then go back to it. Your gonna crash but chaulk it up to part of the learning process. If it were easy everybody would be flying heli's but, there not, it takes time and patience like anything else worth doing. So...suck it up and continue on soldier.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:04 AM
fishymamba

Well is there a heli that is tough? The thing is that I started with rc monster trucks and I am used to them, if you crash a monster truck most of the time nothing breaks. If I crash a heli the is high almost all the time. I think heli's are just too expensive for me.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:25 AM
R0bBeckett

ORIGINAL: fishymamba

Well is there a heli that is tough? The thing is that I started with rc monster trucks and I am used to them, if you crash a monster truck most of the time nothing breaks. If I crash a heli the is high almost all the time. I think heli's are just too expensive for me.
Hirobo SRB Quark RTF Electric Helicopter

Not cheap but tough, some think it's the best Heli to start with.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Skunkworx

The Blade mCX is a good one. It's smaller than the CX2, but that means less damage in a crash. Plus they're dirt cheap to own/operate. There's also the new Blade mSR that's coming out pretty soon here. It's not a co-ax, but it looks pretty tough from the videos.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spektrum-DSM2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sCus3wolLM<- video of the mSR.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cro-Helicopter

The Hirobo would be a good idea too. It'll cost a bit more than what you want to spend, but they're solid fliers.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ric-Helicopter
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Helicopter-Red
Old 08-23-2009, 05:51 AM
twoslick2

Hey Fishy,
Don't give up! I have thought about quitting several times myself but I haven't . Try the mcx or the Quark if you can. The mcx is really good inside and the Quark is good inside if you have the room plus it can fly outside in a light wind (2 or 3mph) I like them both. I am ttrying to learn the Blade 400 now . Don't give up!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Skarn

Well honestly the CX2 is not meant to be flown outside 100 feet up! Any coaxial and micro heli is greatly affected by the wind.

The Coaxials are very easy to fly, but I would keep it indoors or outside only on a non-windy day....and I wouldn't go more than about 20 feet up!

Skarn
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
jdubdub

Don't give up! I know heli's can be incredibly frustrating, but by the same token are extremely satisfying once things are working. I'd advise two things. If you aren't currently flying a good computer sim, GET ONE TOMORROW. I don't know of any tool that will help your flying more. I recommend and use Phoenix R/C. I also highly recommend the Blade mcx for your next bird. It is much easier to fly than even your cx2, and MUCH more durable. I've been flying one almost daily since April, and have close to 200 flights on mine and have not had to replace a single part on it, despite some fairly hard crashes. This bird is made of some very flexible plastic material, and because it is so light, there is almost no inertia when it hits a wall or floor. One final word of advice don't fly these outside. Coaxial helicopters are almost impossible to fly in any kind of wind due to the upper rotor head design which severely limits forward flight, and so the aircrafts ability to overcome the speed of the wind. In other words, a heli going 5mph into a 10mph wind ain't going nowhere. So remember to take it slow and practice,practice,practice. Happy Flying!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

It's okay to quit. Most of us have done it hundreds of time. It just doesn't last very long. You'll be okay tomorrow.