Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

New guy question on the Blueray 450

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

New guy question on the Blueray 450

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:03 PM
dennisef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy question on the Blueray 450

When I visited the local flying field a local heli guy told me about the review of the Blueray 450 PE by Exceed available at xheli. I am considering a step up to a bigger heli for all the reasons mentioned in an earlier post. The heli uses trex 450 parts and the price is right.
This heli is complete with the 2.4 radio for just over $300. Locally, the best deal on the Blade 400 is $420-$445.
Anyone got an opinion on this unit that you would like to share?
the LHS guys commented on the Exceed parts, China and so on, but the price to get in to a 450 size is very appealing.
One bummer is that the set up doesn't come with a manual. It assumes you already know something. there are manuals on line. My friend started by building the Trex 450 but the cost of parts put him out of business.
What is a good affordable kit to build? I think that is the best way to learn.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
ilikethatsite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy question on the Blueray 450

I personally have two of these and LOVE them!! I have the TREX 450 as well but it sits on the shelf most of the time. It isn't as high quality as the TREX but flies every bit as good. You will probably get the people who will respond with the negative remarks but I have 2 of them and they see more fly time than the other birds. Sure there are a few parts that are not up to snuff, but those are parts you will more than likely break in a crash anyway so you can upgrade those when and if it happens. To get started with I don't think it is a bad machine at all

As form manuals there really isn't a need for any. There is a manual for the controller online, but that is all you will need. Mine flew perfect out of the box. Get a few spare batteries and a good charger.