Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Which heli is better as a second heli for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Eflight Blade Msr
100.00%
Walkera CB100
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Which heli is better as a second heli for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 PM
jbat35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which heli is better as a second heli for me?

Ok so I am buying a new heli. I have an mcx right now and I want to move up. The mcx is still fun, but not amazing, as it is slow, and even with mods not performace full enough. I have been debating wether I want the msr, or the cb100.

No shops near me carry the cb100, so all parts / heli would have to be ordered.

The local shop carrys the msr and every freekin part on the chopper.

I feel the mcx to be toyish looking, and the msr is a step up, but still has the traits. The cb looks way cooler, and the heli is much more similar to a real helicopters look.

In the end the msr has more speed, but I have heard it is a small step up from the mcx in terms of reality for helicopters, due to still a great amount of stability, and the cb being a true heli.

Most of my flying will be indoors is decent space, above all obstructions I have 5 feet of air, and about 15 x 10 yards on 1 floor, and 15x15 yards and 8 feet of scattered air clearance in another room.

Outdoor flight is nice, but I'm not planning on it being my main attraction since then helis are too vague outdoors unless you can try tricks, or fly freekin fast. I have been in the plane circut for a while, and I've noticed those are the reasons you fly outside.

I like the whole qucik charge thing about the blade series, and I have a few batteries already, so an msr would have quite a bit of fly time assuming the mcx batterys work with it.

So according to that and all other knowledge please vote accordingly, and feel free to state why you voted that way, all help appriciated.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Sasquatchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which heli is better as a second heli for me?

Ivoted for the MSR, just for the reasons you posted:

No shops near me carry the cb100, so all parts / heli would have to be ordered.
The local shop carrys the msr and every freekin part on the chopper.
I like the whole qucik charge thing about the blade series, and I have a few batteries already, so an msr would have quite a bit of fly time assuming the mcx batterys work with it.
While you also posted some reasons you do not like the MSR as much as the cb100, Ifeel the above reasons are enough to sway my vote.