Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Got $100, cant choose

Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got $100, cant choose

i just got $100, and need input to chose.

1) Blade MCX. the size would be really good for inside my house. as it is winter, i will be flying inside for the most part.
i have seen a vid flying a MCX outside. i will want to do this in the summer for sure.

i would like something a tad larger tho...

2)ESky Co Dauphin 2.4 Ghz 4 Channel.
i have a source where i can buy one of these for $100. the 2.4ghz is nice. it would like nicer flying outside because of its size. but it may be a tad to large for indoor.

any suggestions for a 4 channel helit that is about $100 and is sized in between these two helis?
Or, would you pick one of these?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
dooleyje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got $100, cant choose

Hey buddy, 100 bucks will not get that much, remember that you also have to get a radio system to control the heli. Order the MCX for about $129 and it will have transmitter and battery and charger and is perfect in the house. I have one and it flys great and will be perfct as a first machine. As you save your money upgrade to a larger heli later on. Or start now to save your money.

I really suggest that you take that 100 bucks and buy a simulator and you will be able to learn to fly airpanes and helicopters on your computer. I have used one for years and the best pilots and pros started out with the sim before investing in a machine because the cost of repairing the machine cn be very costly. With the sim crash and press a button and reset and fly again. The sim well also last for years to come.

Jim
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have flown a 3 channel plane(parkzone slo-v) and got pretty good at it.

i have played with the 3channel micro helis, and can fly them easy(to easy, its boaring)

i think i saw a MCX for $100 on ebay with a controler
and i know i can buy a Esky daulphin RTR for $90 shipped.

im still torn between the 2.

Of these 2, which has higher control/quality?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
bradywat23
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going for quality, i would probably choose the blade. I have not had any experience with esky but i know that e flite products are high quality. If you really wanted to start flying helis i totally agree with dooleyje.

Brady Wattenbarger
brady3d.tripod.com
2DogRC.com