Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Heli Max FP VS EFlite MSR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli Max FP VS EFlite MSR

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 AM
tallpauly
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Max FP VS EFlite MSR

Witch is better? they both look like the same thing.. Eflite is 20 dollars more on most sites but the Eflite sites are offering extra batteries for no extra cost.. any pro's /cons Thanks Paul
Old 12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Sasquatchin

Default RE: Heli Max FP VS EFlite MSR

eflight is better.. Ihave an MSR, and Ihad an FP. The FP was junk right out of the box. Idid not even get 1 full battery on it before the tail motor assembly came lose and would not tighten again.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:49 PM
rcuser
My Feedback: (5)

i have the eflite msr and mcx. no regrets with these. They're fun and parts are available locally for me

They are great heli's to start with. the heli max aren't as popular which is probably because they don't fly as well. however, i never flew a heli max so I don't know.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 AM
twoslick2

Never flew a helimax..........................but I know that both the msr and the mcx are tough little helis. I have both!
Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 AM
tdonily

I have two eflite mCX (S300 & regular), mSR and the Heli-max Novus FP, and I can't recommend the FP in any way. As was stated above by others, I have yet to get through one battery pack. I haven't had the tail issues, but the cyclic response on mine is absolutely pathetic! Stick with the Eflite micros.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:12 PM
bcr1953chevy

Recently RC Universe reviewed the HeliMAx Novus FP. I watched the video and it seemed to fly well. I'm very new at helicopters and I don't want to contradict anyone's advice. However, if the Novus FP was sub-standard, why wouldn't the RC Universe review mention this? That's not really a question, just a thought.

I'm looking to make a purchase sometime in January and that review peaked my interest. I do appreciate the comments about the quality. I learned a long time ago that quality IS free.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 PM
tdonily

It may work for some people, just not me. But I'm also still learning a heli and that could bear some of the issues I have had. Just my two cents....
Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 AM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

I the more expensive helis from helimax seem to hold up well, but it seems that the cheaper ones are a bit iffy.  Some people have great experiences with them while others don't.  This makes me think that helimax QC isn't quit up to snuff.  That being said, I have an Axe 400 and a modded Axe CP and I love them both.