Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

TT Innovator MD 530

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Innovator MD 530

Well, I've finally almost got the whirlybird bug. Been flying fixed wing for many years. I had the little IR indoor helis that were sorta a POS, then I got a Axe CX Micro. Was kind of a POS as well. Very jittery and almost always got radio hits. I was even sort of happy the day I took it outside in calm conditions. I got it about 20 feet above my head and the studpid thing just took off..literally. Last I saw it it was heading for a back yard full of kids having a pool party several houses away at about 100 ft! When I got there to ask if they had seen it, they of course said no, we didn't see any yellow heli even though I hadn't told them what color it was.

Just as well, so I left the radio and charger on their door step and said good bye to that thing!

Then I got an Blade MCX with the S300 look. I can actually fly a heli I found out once I got the MCX!

I have absolutely no interest in 3D and if I never see another heli hovering inverted, doing tic tocs, trying to rip the blades off etc. that would be just fine with me as my fixed wing tastes are clearly scale, and I guess that goes for helis as well.

From what I have read so far, the Innovator MD530 seems right up my alley. I know it has some short comings in terms of performance out of the box and the special battery, but it looks to be a real *****cat to begin with, plus it's a CP bird which would allow me to skip the FP step altogether. I can fly the MCX in all directions forwards and backwards, can spot land it anywhere I want, and love the stuff it does on high rates, so I think I'm ready. And it's SCALE!!!

Any other newer heli pilots or experienced pilots for that matter have any experience with them?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: TT Innovator MD 530

What? Nobody at all. Just because I'm not interested in 3D, no replies from all these heli people?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
twoslick2

Default RE: TT Innovator MD 530

I would say try the msr and get good with it. The sr is coming out soon and that may be a good one to try. IMO