Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HBFP LIFT PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
WD2O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HBFP LIFT PROBLEM

Recently I gradusted from coaxials to fixed pitch helicopaters. I purchased a Honey Bee FP and with many hours on a simulator and with the use of the training gear, I am finally able to hover somewhat. My problem is that originally the HBFP worked fine with plenty of oompf and lift but after a time it seems to be only able to hover maybe 5 or 6 feet off the ground and that is with a fresh battery after a minute or so it will ony hover for the duration of the battery life about a foot off the ground. I tried bending the pitch of the main rotor as outlined in the manual it helps but not much. I don't thiink it's the training gear because originally it flew just fine with the training gear on. Anybody had this problem or know the fix?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
drobin

Default RE: HBFP LIFT PROBLEM

I found on my fp, the main motor was getting weak. I found they don't last very long
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM
bunjiidog

Default RE: HBFP LIFT PROBLEM

Check your blade tracking again. Had same problem, with standard blades, one crash and they are out. Get the tracking right again and should be ok. I thought the motor had started to give up as well, but was just the blades.