Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

rigging

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 AM
GII
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rigging

[:-]Iā€™ am just getting started in RC helicopters. I have been flying RC aircraft for 27 years and an airframe & power plant mechanic 33 years. I have an E RAZOR 450 and had to replace the main head feathering shaft, main shaft and one feathering shaft ball link linkage.
I complied with the rigging per manufacture but have a left drift I can not get fixed. I trimmed the rudder and aileron but it is still there. Can anyone helpā€¦.?
Bryan
Old 01-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Sasquatchin

Default RE: rigging

you will always have drift with a single rotor Heli. They do not hover hands off
Old 01-17-2010, 01:11 PM
GII

Before the crash it did not do it, I could hover a little. the minor input
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Sasquatchin

I would double check everything, make sure you did it all right, and dont forget to check the pitch and blade tracking as well.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:20 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

Are you saying that the trim helped but it wasn't enough? In that case, you need to adjust the linkages on the servo's.

This is a picture of the servo linkage on the left side. The arrows show that these linkages are threaded, and can be tightened or loosened. This picture shows a left cyclic servo. Pop the link off the socket, then: loosen the one on the left side, tighten the one on the right side. Pay attention to how many times you turn it just in case it makes it worse.
Note: The blue arrows are pointing to the left linkage that you need to "make shorter." Make the rod on the other side (servo on the opposite side of the heli) "longer."
Old 01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
GII

thanks I will check rigging .After I put a new roll servo in broke a gear on it today... but hoovered about 2 min.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

It's just part of the hobby... don't give up. Buy the replacement parts and keep tweaking it. Order extra replacement parts for things that have already broken or for other parts that you think are fragile.

Start by hovering very low. Sure, it's less fun, but learn to hover starting at the skids being light on the ground, progressively higher, only as comfort allows. The easiest way for a beginner to crash is to try and hover higher then they should. And remember, always practice hovering tail in.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:17 PM
GenkiDesu

I made a post earlier today, I have a simular problem...
The heli drifts tot he right and tips over when I am trying to hover...even just a quarter inch off the ground.

In my issue, I can see the rotors spinning parallel to the ground... when I am at full throttle, and about to use the collective pitch, that is when the rotor blades lean tot he right....when the heli actually starts to lift off the ground...it turns over onto its right side.

Any advice?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 PM
500 lb. koolaid man

ORIGINAL: GenkiDesu

I made a post earlier today, I have a simular problem...
The heli drifts tot he right and tips over when I am trying to hover...even just a quarter inch off the ground.

In my issue, I can see the rotors spinning parallel to the ground... when I am at full throttle, and about to use the collective pitch, that is when the rotor blades lean tot he right....when the heli actually starts to lift off the ground...it turns over onto its right side.

Any advice?
What heli is it?

Adjust the trim to make it straighten out. If that's not enough, do what I said in the post with the picture, except for loosen and tighten is mix matched.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't happen on the ground. That's because the head must be spinning fast before you can see any cyclic inputs.