Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

e-flite or helimax

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
hpidrifternewb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flite or helimax

im looking for a micro sized heli fixed pitch or cp that doesnt break when hit into a wall i know the e-flite msr is prety durable but what about the novus series
Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 PM
TakeshiSkunk

Default RE: e-flite or helimax

Can't say for helimax but I know I've seen videos of mSRs smacking into walls and just keepin on flying :P
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Sasquatchin

Ihave both e-flight and Helimax. My helimax died a couple weeks after having it, but they told me to send it back (no shipping cost to me), and they replaced the entire kit. So, props to Helimax for great customer support in my case.

That being said, Iwill only buy e-flight heli's now.

Reason:

Iwork at our LHS, and repair helicopters. E-flight takes the cake when it comes to ease of repair!

Ihave pre-ordered the new E-Flight SR CPheli, and cannot wait to take delivery. Ilove my blade 400 3D as well.

My helimax AXE CPv3 on the other hand is a total pita if you have to change the main shaft or main gear. Mine was such a tight fit, that Icould not remove the shaft from the gear no matter how hard Itried. Iended up having to split the frame halfs to get the shaft and gear out, not fun.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 AM
hpidrifternewb

that's probably the reason why my lhs only sells eflite so I will most likely go tomorrow and get an msr or mcx
Old 01-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Solman

If you have any experience at all, go with the MSR and not the MCX.  MCX is great for no experience at all, but gets boring fairly fast.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Solman

I talked to one store here and they had the Novus line.  They told me that one of the biggest problems with them was parts avaibility.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
hpidrifternewb

I picked up an msr and dam is it awesome I didn't think I had enough experience but dam it wasn't as hard as people make it our to be I had that ing zipping around