Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Blade pitch for a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Blade pitch for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:48 AM
catkiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade pitch for a beginner

I have just added futuba servos and a metal hub for my head and reprogramed my radio using the cable and software from an exceed radio,what pitch should I set my main rotors for a begginer ,? the model I am talking about is the rtf century swift .also any tips on programing radio , I am using a generic 450 program I downloaded all my control move and fly bar and blades look good when I check them with pitch gauge.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Beachcomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade pitch for a beginner

Not familiar with Swift, but in general, most folks recommend the following for beginners:

- Pitch curve: -1 or -2 degrees at low stick, in normal mode, and +8 to +10 degrees at top stick.

You don't need a lot of negative pitch until you progress into flips, loops, and 3D. Then you'll use "Idle-up" mode if you have one.

For setup, you should make sure your swashplate is level when throttle/collective is at 0 pitch. Usually you can do that by going into Idle-up and moving stick to mid position. Unless you have changed the program, that should be 0 pitch. Oh, and don't forget to unplug your motor wires or things will get exciting.